Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I spanked him for the first time

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 97 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 7 year old punched me in the face tonight after I put my arm out to keep him from attacking my almost 2 year old. He has been getting increasingly violent and it scares me. I have tried talking, letting him see me cry, let him see what he has done to my little one( more than one bloody lip now)...so today I spanked him hard...my face was still pulsing from the hit. I am feeling overwhelmingly like a failure...I told him this kind of behavior will not be tolerated but I feel like a total hypocrite...he has a counselor who has been trying to help but it's just not making enough of a difference...can anyone give me some helpful advice??? I am desperate and know this is not the right path...
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Hey thats like obamas plan... Syrians kill syrians so lets go kill some syrians to teach them a lesson.  

Your kid is violent so smacking him around a bit should do the trick. 

goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
What the hell?
He's violent, and you react with violence. Get the kid some fucking help!

I've been down that road. Still down it. My son is 5. And even after all the hurting he has done to me, my husband, siblings... We have NEVER laid a hand on him.

In fact, after doing so much and nothing helping, he was hospitalized last week, evaluated, put on meds, and sent home 5 days later. M
No violence since.

Seek help yourself while you're at it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avonleafan
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
5 moms liked this
I spank, so no bashing from me. But that kind of behavior needs to be addressed with a counselor. Unacceptable. Does he have any problems with impulse control in other areas? Has he always been like this?
jtessen
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
13 moms liked this
Wow sorry girl that's heart breaking. U hv to protect the 2 yr old though. U did the right thing. Sometimes they need an ass beating
avonleafan
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

What the hell?

I've been down that road. Still down it. My son is 5. And even after all the hurting he has done to me, my husband, siblings... We have NEVER laid a hand on him.

In fact, after doing so much and nothing helping, he was hospitalized last week, evaluated, put on meds, and sent home 5 days later. M
No violence since.

So sorry about your son. Hope you find answers soon.
goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM
We did.
We got him help.

Your son needs help, not smacks

Quoting avonleafan:

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

What the hell?

No violence since.

So sorry about your son. Hope you find answers soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM
12 moms liked this

I have an 8 year old daughter that my husband and I adopted when she was 6. She was also very violent, she sent her kindergarten teacher to the hospital. When we adopted her she was violent not towards just other people but also to herself. With consistant discipline of SPANKING, she is a totally different child. She is sweet, loving, and one of the most mellow kids you could ever meet. She is absolutely wonderful and very happy. Don't let anyone bash you and make you feel bad for spanking. Spanking works if done right.

Mommy2NICNAC
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
8 moms liked this
I believe in spanking. My parents spanked me and I turned out pretty good. No offense, but maybe he had been needing a spanking way before now. If you don't get behavior under control at a young age, it's lot harder.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to his counselor bout more appointments or possibly the next step in treatment like in a hospital setting with medications.   Does the doctor know why he is violent and goes after others?  I will not bash you since it is obvious you feel bad and were at end of rope.   How did he react to the spanking?   Some children the only method that works is spanking, somehow it helps them calm down.

Fallaya
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Using violence to teach a child to not be violent...yeah. Good luck with that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN