Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New (old) member looking for new friends!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello, My name is Nicole & I'm in my late 30's.  I have a ten year old son & a chihuahua.  Been married for almost 13 years.  I was a member of cafemom back in 2006 or 2007-2011.  I had a ton of friends (most are gone now, or I can't find them)...anyways...if anyone wants to be friends feel free to send me a request.  I'm a great "cyber" friend.  I live in Florida right now, but I've lived in Pittsburgh PA, Lexington KY, Houston TX, and Springs, CO.  I love makeup, current events & fashion.  Thanks!!!

photo friendsarechocolates.png

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
evemomoftwo
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Hello. My name is evelyn. 4yo girl and a 2yo son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicoleDixon
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you ladies!!!!  You're too sweet.  I really appreciate the "welcomes".  Have a great night!!!

photo friendsarechocolates.png

taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Welcome back, Nicole ;)
I'm also in my late 30's and my youngest turns 18 in 2 days, lol.
Hope you enjoy cm again this go round ;)

shymom835
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

hello Nicole Dixon,

welcome again... LOL.

my name is Regina and i'm a first time mom.

i have one and half year daughter name Mya like the R & B singer.

i would love to be your friend.

God bless.

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Where in fla are you? I just moved out of fla, raised in very south fla & lived in different cities before winding up back there. Alas, I just moved to Illinois. .. any advice for moving so far away from *home* & being the newbie in town?
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Welcome back :0) 

NicoleDixon
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I have a big history in Florida as well.  My twin sister & I were both born in Clearwater Florida.  I was raised in Pittsburgh, PA & when I graduated highschool I moved to Bradenton FL & worked & met my husband in Sarasota FL where I eventually moved with my husband.  Then he got transferred to Stuart FL which is just N of West Palm Beach FL.  My twin was living in Tampa FL at the time.  I got married in Stuart FL & had my son & then we moved to Lexington KY where we opened our own business.  Then we moved to Houston TX where we lived for two years & eventually moved to Colorado Springs & finally two years later moved back to FL this time Ocala which I where I currently reside.  If I could live anywhere I'd go back to Colorado Springs....I LOVED LOVED LOVED it there.  It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!  I'll have to post a picture.  We lived on the foot hills with NORAD right above us.  Cheyenne MT.    Advise to someone new to an area.  You can reinvent yourself.  That's what I like.  Nobody knows you, so nobody knows lol.  Make friends through your kids.  That's how I make friends.    Thanks for all the warm welcomes ladies!!!!

Here's a pic I could find on this computer...it doesn't do it justice this is at a resort there our house was closer to the mountains, but on a foothill...I can't explain it was just soooo pretty!!!!

Quoting sunpeaches1:

Where in fla are you? I just moved out of fla, raised in very south fla & lived in different cities before winding up back there. Alas, I just moved to Illinois. .. any advice for moving so far away from *home* & being the newbie in town?

NicoleDixon
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM

My family still lives in Pittsburgh & so does my twin sister.  They all like it there.  I hate Pittsburgh & would NEVER move back.  Obviously that's just me.  My twin could have stayed in Florida & she chose to move back there.  I lived in CO & everyone acted like it was so bad, weather wise, it was nothing compared to PGH.  It was always so damned gloomy there & rainy & when it snowed it would stay there until the snow was brown & disgusting looking.  CO is always sunny & the snow doesn't even last two days when it's there.  It's always white & then melts.  I just don't have good memories in PGH, but it's all in how you make it.  I think I just had a bad attitude when I was there.  I know it's bad to talk bad about it, but I was raised there.  We moved to Pittsburgh when we were 3 years old & I moved out as soon as I could...We lived in a town called Sharpsburg which I hear is really bad now, it wasn't that bad when we were there though.  I hope you like it & make good memories!!!! 

Quoting Mamabear94:

Hi, I'm Brittney. I'm 19 and I have a 14 month old daughter. I live in pittsburgh! Did you like it here?

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Wow, sounds like your a florida gypsy like me! :) i was raised in homestead but moved to naples at 17, then moved near ocala after i got married at 19. I lived there in cross creek for 5yrs then split w my ex then moved to Melbourne when I got serious w my 2nd dh (we just celebrated 9yrs). After our 1st son was born we moved outside tampa area because he took a job over there. We had our youngest there. Then life threw us a nasty curve ball so we moved back to homestead where my family is. Now dh's job transferred him to central Illinois so I'm wayyyyy outa my element!

Quoting NicoleDixon:

I have a big history in Florida as well.  My twin sister & I were both born in Clearwater Florida.  I was raised in Pittsburgh, PA & when I graduated highschool I moved to Bradenton FL & worked & met my husband in Sarasota FL where I eventually moved with my husband.  Then he got transferred to Stuart FL which is just N of West Palm Beach FL.  My twin was living in Tampa FL at the time.  I got married in Stuart FL & had my son & then we moved to Lexington KY where we opened our own business.  Then we moved to Houston TX where we lived for two years & eventually moved to Colorado Springs & finally two years later moved back to FL this time Ocala which I where I currently reside.  If I could live anywhere I'd go back to Colorado Springs....I LOVED LOVED LOVED it there.  It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!  I'll have to post a picture.  We lived on the foot hills with NORAD right above us.  Cheyenne MT.    Advise to someone new to an area.  You can reinvent yourself.  That's what I like.  Nobody knows you, so nobody knows lol.  Make friends through your kids.  That's how I make friends.    Thanks for all the warm welcomes ladies!!!!

Here's a pic I could find on this computer...it doesn't do it justice this is at a resort there our house was closer to the mountains, but on a foothill...I can't explain it was just soooo pretty!!!!

Quoting sunpeaches1:

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Welcome back to Cafemom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN