Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ariel Castro dead of suicide

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

Convicted kidnapper Castro dead of apparent suicide

Updated: Sep 04, 2013 12:51 AM EDT

Ariel Castro at his sentencing hearing last month.
Ariel Castro at his sentencing hearing last month.
ORIENT, Ohio -

Prison officials in Ohio say convicted kidnapper Ariel Castro was found hanging in his prison cell Tuesday evening.

Officials told Eyewitness News' sister station WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio Castro was found around 9:20 p.m. Medical staff at the prison attempted lifesaving measures and Castro was taken to the hospital, where he died shortly before 11:00 p.m.

A spokesperson from the prison said Castro died of an apparent suicide.

Castro plead guilty to kidnapping three women in Cleveland more than a decade ago. The three women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old. They escaped May 6, when one of the women broke part of a door and yelled to neighbors for help. Castro was arrested that evening.

Castro was sentenced Aug. 1 to life in prison plus 1,000 years on his guilty plea to 937 counts including kidnapping and rape.

WBNS reports Castro was not part of the general prison population for his own protection, due to the high profile of his case.

Sorry if this has already been posted but I woke up and saw this in the news this morning. Thank you Mr. Castro for saving the us people a lot of tax dollars and I hope this brings peace to his victims.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

GOOD, GOOD, GOOD!

I guess his ass couldnt handle being locked away and abused like what he did to those girls! Shows you exactly how strong they were and are! I had said when he got caught that he should rot in Hell and now I get my wish!

TheSilence
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Saves everyone some money!
sunrisekn
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Buh bye 

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

He won't be missed that is for sure!

redrose_12
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:10 AM
What a coward. Took the easy way out. Couldn't even face the responsibilities of his actions. Yeah it saved money but really. I rather him suffer in the same exact way he made them girls.
elasmimi
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I agree about saving the taxpayers, but I would have preferred for him to have a taste of captivity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)