Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you out of shape?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know I am! I used to ride my bike everywhere. Now I am lucky to ride it twice a year. I am making a vow to change that realizing how out of shape I have gotten. I rode my bike to target from my house (2.7 miles) pulling my son in the bike trailer (he is approx 30 lbs) and was so out of breath by the time I got there. Well we walked around and shopped to cool off (it is about 80 today) I bough some back to school clearance, some pull ups, and a little non refrigerator food; well that prob added another 20lbs to my trailer plus there are more hills on the way back. By the time I made it home I felt like puking, needless to say I am going to start working out more. I am way out of shape 

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela29marie
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I live down a long gravel road and almost everyday i try to walk down it carrying my son in his chest carrier to get the mail he only weighs 20 lbs but by the time i get back im sweat like crazy and out of breath and its only a 15 minute walk i don't really know what works to get back into shape =/ any tips? people tell me just go to the gym but i never have time

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I'm in pretty good shape. I am training for a half marathon so I'm running 4x per week. I'll log about 19 miles this week.. 3 yesterday, 4 today, 3 tomorrow and 8 on Saturday.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting angela29marie:

I live down a long gravel road and almost everyday i try to walk down it carrying my son in his chest carrier to get the mail he only weighs 20 lbs but by the time i get back im sweat like crazy and out of breath and its only a 15 minute walk i don't really know what works to get back into shape =/ any tips? people tell me just go to the gym but i never have time

There are a ton of things you can do at home! 

youtube has workouts, On Demand, Netflix and even the library has dvds. You can also find dvds for cheap at Walmart, Target, and other stores. 

www.hundredpushups.com is a great challenge. There are links on the left side of the page for a situps challenge and squats challenge. 

Jumping rope, jumping jacks, burpees, lunges... all of those are great! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

storkradio193
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Yeah, I'm out of shape and need to exercise more.  I'm just not good about it.

angela29marie
by New Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM

thank you very much =)

crescentstar2
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I know I am but I'm working on changing it. I've lost 25lbs and working on another 40-50. Been doing 30 Day Shred for the past week and making sure I get 10k in steps

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:43 PM
You're doing great! Keep it up.
Quoting crescentstar2:

I know I am but I'm working on changing it. I've lost 25lbs and working on another 40-50. Been doing 30 Day Shred for the past week and making sure I get 10k in steps

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I have been going to the gym for about 2 months, still getting into shape
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM

and you made it back? wow.

you are awesome.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Oh most definitly I'm out of shape. I have a hard time getting to the gym when I work nights.

I used to do, Jazzercise double classes twice a week! And I used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week..I had to give up my gym membership because it was a waste of money, I wasn't going working 3 12hour shifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)