Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hello from new member

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello,

My name is Melissa and I am new to cafeMom (and have never joined an online group or made a post of anykind before - so I am very new to this).  I have a wonderful 2 1/2 year old son with special needs and a great stepson who just turned 8.  I work full time and have very few supports in the parenting area as my family lives out of state.  I look forward to hearing other Mom stories and StepMom stories.  I am also hopeing this becomes a comfortable place to talk about some of the more challanging situations I find myself in. 

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to CM :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
I think you'll really enjoy it here ;)

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
funhappymom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. What kind of special needs does your son have?

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Welcome to CafeMom! It's nice to meet you!

Join us in Stepmom Central

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Melissa! Welcome! I have a 6-yr-old son. There are good conversations here with lots of ideas and sharing. My family all lives out of state, as well.

Katrinalyn215
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Melissa!

MoeMoe01
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:28 AM
My 2 1/2 year old son has significant language impairment. He has been getting speech, OT, and early intervention services for a year now. We are seeing some progress in receptive language but his working vocab is still 5-10 words. He is getting an eval for autism but I think it is mainly a speech/language delay with some processing deficits.

Quoting funhappymom:

Welcome. What kind of special needs does your son have?

MoeMoe01
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I have not lived near family since I left for college. It wasn't until I had my son 2 1/2 years ago that I realized how much I was missing.

Quoting Kathy489:

Hi Melissa! Welcome! I have a 6-yr-old son. There are good conversations here with lots of ideas and sharing. My family all lives out of state, as well.

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

It would be nice to have the kind of family I would miss. I don't mean to sound negative, but my family was never close or supportive of each other. That's part of the reason I moved away. It was a small town, and jobs were scarce.

Another good place to meet other moms would be at the library. I don't know what hours you work, but they have reading circles for toddlers most mornings, and there is usually a play area in the corner somewhere.

Another good place is at the local playgrounds or parks. It sounds like you are married because you said you had stepchildren, but single people can meet other parents and children in Parents Without Partners groups.

Keep looking...    Good luck!   :-)

Quoting MoeMoe01:

I have not lived near family since I left for college. It wasn't until I had my son 2 1/2 years ago that I realized how much I was missing.

Quoting Kathy489:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN