Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I heard them talking tube pregnancy... but is it possible I'm just early??

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I'm new so trying to figure this stuff out. I have a lot on my mind, maybe someone could give me a little advice. :) I just recently (Aug 27) Found out I was pregnant. I was stunned. I just had a period, and I hadn't had sex since then, so it HAD to be before my period. My husband & I have been trying for 4 years, and we just got married last year, (our year anniversary is coming up Oct 27). I went to the ER with some pain, on the right side of my stomach going down my right thigh a little. He checked my HCG level it was 99. Told me I had a UTI, to follow up with the OBGYN. I went to the OB on Aug 29, they did another beta. 159. Didn't double, but.. it was a positive sign for me. Athough I was still bleeding & having this weird pain, I was content.. because I've heard about people who go their whole pregnancy bleeding. Well, I went back to the OB Sept 2, They did an ultrasound the Sac isn't developing in my uterus yet, & they found a mass in my right tube. So they were thinking a tube pregnacy so the doctor took my beta again, 480. She said it's going up like a normal pregnancy that they want me back for an Ultrasound on the 6th. I am still bleeding, not pain just cramps.. little clotting but I heard that is common after they do a vaginal ultrasound. Is it possible that I am just so early that the sac hasn't developed yet? No one knows exactly how far a long I am, and I heard that it could take up to 8 weeks to see a sac in bigger women. There is NO WAY I am 8 weeks. Since my period was around the 8th-11th I am thinking I concieved like 5-8th ish of August. I am one scared first time pregnant mommy. Any advice?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM

no advice but I'll be hoping with you.

Brokensurvivor
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM

No advice momma, sorry.. keep us updated! 

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry sweetie... I don't think this sounds like a viable pregnancy. I've been thru 2 tubals, the last I just found 2 wks ago. I thought i had miscarried months ago & thought I was on my period at the time the pain began. Turned out I hadn't miscarried & wasnt on my period, had a 13 wk ectopic & was threatening ruptue. Was in surgery within the hour.
Bleeding off cycle, pain & hcg levels not doubling around every 48hrs in the beginning are all signs of ectopic....
The good news I can give you is if it early on they can treat it w a shot & hopefully avoid surgery & salpingectomy (sp? Med term for removing the tube). My first pregnancy 11yrs ago was tubal treated w tje shot (medicine is called methotrexate) & I went on to get pregnant again a year later. I lost that one due to fetal demise but I DID conceive a uterine pregnancy!
A year after that I conceived again, uterine pregnancy, carried to term & gave birth naturally to a healthy miracle boy!
This is gonna break your heart... I know nothing I say can change then pain of losing a pregnancy. (I've lost 4 total). Grieve for your loss & don't let any one tell you that its not a REAL loss.... but don't let it beat you completely. You can & will conceive again & you will have a child! I'm proof this will not be the end of pregnancies for you. I'm 2 wks out of surgery, lost a tube, 4th loss, 2nd tubal.... but I DO have 2 wonderful little boys & I'm not giving up the hope god will maybe grant me just 1 more miracle :)
If you have any questions or just need an understanding ear to let it out hit me uo anytime...
funhappymom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I'm sorry. I've never experienced a tubal but here's a bump.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry but that sounds like the tubal I had.  Ive had 4 kids since though so be positive even if it happens.

ambyl0ve
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:01 AM

When I woke up on September 5th 2013 I had an extreme pain on the right hand side of my abdomen. My husband rushed me to the hospital where I had yet another painful pelvic exam, & ultra sound. The mass in my tube was leaking fluid & my beta went down to 405. The doctor came in & told me I was suffering from an ectopic pregnancy, she gave me 2 shots of methotrexate. I swear, I felt like it was killing me on the inside. Horrible cramps, this poison in my body. I feel like a falure. To my husband, & to myself. We tried for 4 years, & kind of stopped thinking about it for a while & surprise you're pregnant... butttttt BAM, All over within a week in a half? How is that possible?? Thank you all for your positive words. We decided to name our baby Charlee (after my husband) because we didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl. Charlee will never be forgotten by us.

cjsix
by faith on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Quoting ambyl0ve:

When I woke up on September 5th 2013 I had an extreme pain on the right hand side of my abdomen. My husband rushed me to the hospital where I had yet another painful pelvic exam, & ultra sound. The mass in my tube was leaking fluid & my beta went down to 405. The doctor came in & told me I was suffering from an ectopic pregnancy, she gave me 2 shots of methotrexate. I swear, I felt like it was killing me on the inside. Horrible cramps, this poison in my body. I feel like a falure. To my husband, & to myself. We tried for 4 years, & kind of stopped thinking about it for a while & surprise you're pregnant... butttttt BAM, All over within a week in a half? How is that possible?? Thank you all for your positive words. We decided to name our baby Charlee (after my husband) because we didn't know if I was having a boy or a girl. Charlee will never be forgotten by us.

Hugs Momma...I am so sorry. I have not had an ectopic pregnancy but,my daughter did and I have lost some of my own little ones. I know it hurts to lose a much wanted and waited for little one. There is a group here call Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss and it is a very good group of Mommas,if you some day want to visit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)