Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

married or not??

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 11 Replies
I live with my significant other for 6 years...not sure if marriage it's gonna ruin everything....
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM
If its working for u both and ur both happy, who cares if u have a peice of paper stating marriage. Granted when it comes to certain things u do need to be legally married but check ur state. They may have common law marriages.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Whatever works for you two is what is most important ;)

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Then don't get married.  If the two of you are happy with things the way they are, marriage shouldn't matter.

Quoting ginaeliane:

I live with my significant other for 6 years...not sure if marriage it's gonna ruin everything....

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I agree with this. Who cares what other people say you should/shouldn't do? If you're happy right now without being married, then there's really no reason to get married, is there? :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Then don't get married.  If the two of you are happy with things the way they are, marriage shouldn't matter.

Quoting ginaeliane:

Pnukey
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

No, marriage doesn't ruin things. People ruin things. Marriage is awesome when you do it right. I've been married for 15 years.

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Marriage will work if you both want it to work.
amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Marriage does work if both of you are willing to make it work. My DH and I have been married for almost 6 years. We got married 3 months after meeting each other.
frillyflower
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep! My husband and I almost ruined our marriage, luckily we fixed our issues and have been married 9 years. Our marriage didn't ruin things, it was our actions that did. So glad we figured that out before it was too late.

Quoting Pnukey:

No, marriage doesn't ruin things. People ruin things. Marriage is awesome when you do it right. I've been married for 15 years.

insanemomof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
My husband and i have been married 14 yrs but together for 17 yrs nex Feb. And we have 4 kids together 2 boys and 2 girls ages b10,g12,b14 in Nov,g16 in Dec. And as long as weve been together its all good and nothing is gonna change. Which is jus fine with me. Always remember what u see aint always what you get and if ppl try n tell ya otherwise theyre just trying to feed ya a big ole line of S#@$.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insanemomof4
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Kudos to you!! I couldnt have said it better myself... 14yrs married together 17 yrs.....

Quoting Pnukey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)