Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New to home schooling

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Everyone,

My name is Angelina, and I'm starting my son off in his first year of home school. He is in the 7th Grade. I'm looking for a possible group that meets up for activities so he doesn't loose out socially. I'm using the K-12 Program. I should have done this last year, but the school talked me into another year, which was another waste, sadly. So, this year I would like to prove home schooling can make a difference, despite what the school system claims. I guess I'm in for a lot of work, but I'm excited, as I know this will help my son on so many levels.

Thanks for the warm welcomes,

Angelina

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Welcome and nice to meet you.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hi Angelina!  How is your son liking home school so far?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:06 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Angelina,
Good luck with the homesechooling.  Nice to meet you :)

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Check out the Happy Homeschoolers group here. This will be our fifth year homeschooling and we LOVE it! Mine are in third grade and k4/k5.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Hi! I don't homeschool but here's a terrific group that can really help you out:

Join us in the Homeschooling Moms group!

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I second the pp that said to join the Happy Homeschoolers, also, there is a k12 group here too. Also, k12 often has Facebook groups for the parents. They also usually offer field trips and get togethers depending on which k12 school you are using. 

iluvmychis
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I home schooled my daughter for 2 years.  Was the best thing we could have done.  The district she was in at the time was horrible in dealing with her special needs (Asperger's) and made every day miserable for her.  After two years, we all made a unanimous decision to go back to public school (different district) because she needed the social stimulation.  Point being, home schooling can be a wonderful alternative and be so much better for the child.  Did wonders for mine and allowed me to take her off anti-anxiety medication.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)