Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sahm's what are you going to do/are you going to be able to afford it?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 19 Replies
My husbands letter sent out a letter stating that due to Obamacare regulations that spouses could remain on coverage but must also purchase their own coverage. Many employers are just dropping spousal coverage options all together (the coverage for children will still be available). I work but only part time and my employer is dropping benefits for part time employees. I am just curious what some of you ladies will do?
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM

There are other options out there so I'd call a local insurance agency to discuss it with them.

***Check out The Marketplace!***

Mrs_Bliss
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
My dh employers isn't dropping coverage for spouses (thankfully). He has a wonderful job nothing is really changing except this year I had to send in proof of marriage, I had to send in our marriage license and a bill with my name on it. :/
Autumn19
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
No idea we cant afford to add me and his ins covers basically nothing
balagan_imma
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

From what I remember DH's company began not completely covering spouses and children. Luckily, the company's policies are pretty awesome and we only have to pay something like $80/month. And it's been free for all of us for the past 6 years, so we're still ahead of the game.

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

We pay extra to have me and our children to be covered on my husbands insurance plan already.  I only work part time and where I work at does not even offer healthcare.

lovebug8526
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM

we are just going to pay the fine we looked into and its alot cheeper this way

ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM
That's what we are doing too

Quoting lovebug8526:

we are just going to pay the fine we looked into and its alot cheeper this way

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM

My DH's employer, and mine, only don't cover spouses who also work and can receive benefits from their own employer.

If I wanted to be covered through DHs work, it would cost an extra $70 a month. I have my own so......

eldermommy
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I have absolutely no idea and its thoroughly terrifying. Either way, fine or monthly insurance, the financial future of our family looks unfortunately bleak.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM
We own our own business. We already pay for our whole families medical costs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)