Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

In complete DENIAL

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 4 Replies
About 10 yrs ago or so my uncle was convicted of child molestation. My mother, my grandmother, and my aunt all believed he was innocent of the crime and that it all got blown out of proportion. My mom and grandma still to this day believe he was wrongly accused. I'm not sure exactly where my aunt stands on the matter. My sister, pregnant at the time, was at my grandmas house one day this past winter (my uncle resides there too). My mom was deployed in Kuwait. My sisters Dr appts were close to my grandma's house, so when she had an appt she would go to my grandma's house and bring her laptop so my mom and grandma could video chat. One of these days her laptop wouldn't work. My uncle offered her to use his computer. When she got on it, she saw provocative (but not nude) photos of young girls, barely at the age of pubescence. She told him what she saw and he told her not to tell and asked her if there were any nude photos. According to her, he said he "doesn't usually go for the nudes" -_- ... She later called the sheriffs office in the county for where he lives. Nothing came of it. Now she and I both have little girls, she also has an older son, and all we want to do is protect our children from this. Last time I was at my grandma's with my mom they offered my uncle to hold her and the with the fact they don't believe he did anything wrong, in a way, forced me to allow it. I was very uncomfortable but couldn't say no without starting a conflict. My SO says if that happens while he is around he won't hold back, even if it causes conflict. I don't want conflict! I don't want for me, my SO or our daughter to be "shunned" from our own family because of a perv who is, in fact, guilty! I just need him to go away! Any ideas on how to handle this? :(
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
huntersmama711
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I would just see them at your home and avoid being where your uncle is.
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:08 PM
3 moms liked this

talk to your uncle privately.  Tell him what you think and that you dont want any trouble in the family.  You will pretend you tolerate him as long as he doesnt ever go near your child.  if someone offers to hand him the baby he better have the sense to say no.  If he does hold and talk to your kids you will make an issue and its going to hurt everyone. 

SylviaPerez
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

UNFORTUNATELY THE ONLY WAY TO PROTECT YOUR KIDS, IS TO KEEP AWAY....

mkhc-531
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I suppose this would work. I'll talk to my sister about the conv since she was the one who saw the pics. And have her say to stay away from ALL the kids.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

talk to your uncle privately.  Tell him what you think and that you dont want any trouble in the family.  You will pretend you tolerate him as long as he doesnt ever go near your child.  if someone offers to hand him the baby he better have the sense to say no.  If he does hold and talk to your kids you will make an issue and its going to hurt everyone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN