Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you wear to drop off your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've seen some moms wearing some very, um, interesting outfits to say the least when dropping off their kids at school in the mornings. I don't take issue with yoga pants or jeans or whatever - you don't have to dress to the nines, for sure - but it's always odd when they roll up in pjs or, worse, they're dressed like they're going to be in the next rap video, with entirely too much T&A hanging out all over.

I'm usually in a T-shirt or comfy knit top and jeans or black knit pants (they look like slacks but they're a soft knit material, better for working from home on the sofa).

What do you wear when you drop off your kids?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I always get dressed as i was a teacher in the school until this year (in my 3rd trimester so im taking this year off.) and people stop by the car and say hi.  i dont always look great though.  No makeup, hair in pony, yoga pants and a tshirt will do when i am not getting out of the car.  

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Quoting aem891:

What happened to kids riding the bus to school?! I know they still exist because I see several on my way to work every morning! LOL!!!

Our village only has a bus to the less desireable school district.  though the good school is closer it is out of bounds.  Minnesota has open enrollment.  We can send our kids to any school in the state but out of bounds of the school and you will have to drive them yourself.  Busing isnt an option for us. 

kdgord
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Whatever i am wearing for the day...jeans and a shirt, skirt and shirt, dress, etc
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Dressed for my day.  Jeans, skirt, dress, dress pants, heels, or flip flops.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I wear a tee shirt n shorts in the summer but long pants in the fall n winter.
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Jeans, nice top and my jewelry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I def wear jeans and a tshirt and am very careful about cleavage.
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Me too :0) filppy flops for the start of the year then my boots for the winter

Quoting where_2_go:

I usually throw jeans and a t on or shorts and a T. In the winter you can always count on my over sized hoodie lol

MissusEngland
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM
My children's school is about 30 seconds away. We could walk if people didnt drive so fast and recklessly in this area. The bus usually picks them up, but on the rare occasion we miss it, it means I'm in a hurry. I had oral surgery yesterday, so this morning I was moving around a little slower. I dropped them off in my big Tshirt like nightgown. Didn't even put on a bra. I didn't get out of the car, so don't see what it matters. :) The point is, they got there.
lookinforajob
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It all depends on the day. If I'm going straight to work afterward i wear whatever outfit I'm going to work in. If I plan on going to the gym after, i wear yoga pants and burn out tee. If I'm sick or am just going straight home afterwards, and don't have anything to do that day i wear a pair if sweatpants or possibly my fleece pajama pants, and always a big hoodie. His friends love when i wear my pj pants, because they have diffrent characters on them like Mickey mouse or chip and dale. I have no problem seeing people in there pjs as long as nothings hanging out. Why wake up earlier then you have to get ready, when you can just get ready when you get back home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)