Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you wear to drop off your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've seen some moms wearing some very, um, interesting outfits to say the least when dropping off their kids at school in the mornings. I don't take issue with yoga pants or jeans or whatever - you don't have to dress to the nines, for sure - but it's always odd when they roll up in pjs or, worse, they're dressed like they're going to be in the next rap video, with entirely too much T&A hanging out all over.

I'm usually in a T-shirt or comfy knit top and jeans or black knit pants (they look like slacks but they're a soft knit material, better for working from home on the sofa).

What do you wear when you drop off your kids?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:17 AM
Not pjs. I have more self- respect than that. How hard is it to pull on actually clothing?
Jeans, shorts, skirt. Whatever I plan on wearing for the day.
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Well, this week, mostly jeans and a tee shirt, yesterday was my workout clothes and today is my work clothes. It depends if I have to work right after or not.
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I have my work uniform on since I drop my kids off on the way to work.
karone04
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I don't drop him off in the mornings because he walks to school on his own. I do pick him up after school though. When I do I am in a dress because it is still warm out. In the winter time it will be jeans, boots, a shirt or sweater. I might put a hoody on underneath my winter coat if it is really cold out.

sarasunshine99
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM

At our school drop-off, we have staff greeters who open the car doors, help the children out of the car, shut the car door and walk them to the drop off entrance.  At this point, they usually meet up with classmates and proceed to their classrooms.  Parents don't have to get out of the car which I think is the point from a safety and smoothness issue.  As for me, I'm usually wearing tennis attire as I play in the morning.  

love2cats
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I wear a pair of jeans or rain pants, shirt  and/or jumper, raincoat. hiking boots. I  deliver pamphlets and newspapers while my daughter is in school. I will carry a bright yellow bag provided by the newspaper company and everyone knows why I look the way I do. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I've gone to the school before in my workout clothes if I was on the way to the gym and had to drop something off. 

(They ride the bus) 

piercedbeauty21
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Maternity skinny jeans & sweater jacket or hoodie. I hate doing my hair in the morning, so I wrap my hair in a plain black scarf, and wrap it into a bun.

sunpeaches1
by Nikki on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I only walk my kids to bus stop at the end of the road. I don't bother dressing up at all but would never go in pjs! My comfy sweat pants & tshirt is enough unless I've got an appt to go to....
singlemotherof8
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I take my granddaughter to the bus and i just wera my pj's sense i don't get out of the van. To me as long as they get to school ( unless they need to go in for some reason) then wear what you want as long as it is decent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)