Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you wear to drop off your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've seen some moms wearing some very, um, interesting outfits to say the least when dropping off their kids at school in the mornings. I don't take issue with yoga pants or jeans or whatever - you don't have to dress to the nines, for sure - but it's always odd when they roll up in pjs or, worse, they're dressed like they're going to be in the next rap video, with entirely too much T&A hanging out all over.

I'm usually in a T-shirt or comfy knit top and jeans or black knit pants (they look like slacks but they're a soft knit material, better for working from home on the sofa).

What do you wear when you drop off your kids?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM

If I am getting out of the car, then it will be shorts or jeans.  If I am staying in the car, it might be PJ pants.  Always a bra though

cupcake_momma
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Clothes...

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Exercise clothes because I go to the gym after I drop him off at school.
SWasson
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM

When I dropped of my DD, I was usually pretty casual, but in outdoor clothing, and not clubwear. By pickup time, I was normally looking pretty good.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Clothes... Whatever I plan to wear that day. A dress or jean skirt and a shirt
DSamuels
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I remember my mom wearing her nightgown and robe on the very rare occasions I missed the bus. Of course this was back in the 1960's, she was a SAHM until I was in 5th or 6th grade and we lived in a small town. She would drop me off at the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Normally I am dressed for school myself so jeans and a shirt, even if I am not going to school it is usually jeans and a shirt. Occasionally I may have on yoga pants if jeans are to uncomfortable. If I do then I am usuually wearing a t-shirt that is plenty long enough to cover everything that should be.

imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Mobile Photo

Fuck yeah.
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I always get dressed. I get up and get dressed every morning. can't stand being in pj's etc. the only time I stay in them is when I am doing heavy duty deep cleaning then I can shower after and put on fresh clothes. or if I am super sick I stay in them and in bed.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Clothes lol. There is a mom (while I will admit she does have the body for it) at my son's school who picks up her kids wearing exercise clothing. Only issue I have is her "shorts" look like the ones you get from the underwear section. Any shorter and they would be a bikini turning into a thong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)