Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Keeping A Good Relationship

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
About 5 months ago, I miscarried our first child together. Since then my husband and I's relationship has kind of hit a brick wall. He started picking up more hours, so I did the same at my job. We've maybe have had s*x about 10 in the last 5 months which is not normal. We barely talk and keep whatever is on our minds to ourselves. I miss my husband and can't seem to get him back. I would love any advice!! Just some helpful tips to get US back to being US!
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dingysfamily
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Y'all need to start talking to each other and someone really needs to make the first move; it might as well be you.  You really need each other to get though this.  If I hadn't had my dh to help me when I miscarried ours, I'd never have made it.

NextGeneration
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Communication, Communication, Communication the more you guys don't talk its going to pull you apart more. Then you'll find out things from one another that have been bothering you and the blame game starts.

stpmom300
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Try talking, no blaming or accusing just express your feelings

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I am sorry for your loss. Miscarriage can be tough on a couple, especially if the couple doesn't communicate through it.

My suggestion would be to start planning date nights together. Time where you can be together and talk. Surprise him with a dinner and a movie or dinner and miniture golf or whatever.

You can get through this but it will take work from both of you. (((HUGS)))

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Hugs! I am so sorry for you loss! Have you thought about couples counseling? This is very hard to go through!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

kaydence0207
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Just talk to each other! Communication is everything. We also had a miscarriage, and my fiance had a stillborn son with his ex wife six and a half years ago. This nearly tore us apart. I wish I would have talked to him sooner, now there is a big gaping silent hole between us. I refuse to discuss our baby with him at all. Do not allow that to happen to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)