Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking for a BFF! Any takers?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 112 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yes it is a little sad but hey that's how desperate I am for some adult interaction so don't judge me. Don't get me wrong my DH is my best friend but sometimes I need a girl best friend. I can't talk to DH about what he does that's annoying, I mean that's no fun right? I have been living in this new town for 4 months now and I still haven't found anyone who I can get really close to. My neighbor is pretty nice but she works a lot and her husband is the SAHP so I can't hang out with her very often which is a bummer because her youngest boy is my DD's age. So now I have come to the internet, it is my last resort for some adult conversation. I am 21 years old and I have a 10 month old DD and there aren't very many people my age around here. So who wants to be my online BFF? Any takers?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragon.Momma86
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Good luck. Everytime I try this I never get anywhere . Lol I'm Delancey. I have a 16 month old.
hds_02
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to adjust after a move.  I totally feel your pain.  I'm originally from TX, but we moved to OK a few months ago.  I worked for six months of the time we have been here, but I had to quit because everyone there was stealing from the place and editing time cards (mine included).  I don't tolerate crap like that, so I reported them and then quit.  So needless to say, I didn't make any friends with them.  I just can't get on board with that.  Our neighbors don't have kids our age and never really seem to be home.  I guess they work a lot, so nothing has come from that.  We go to the park, go out and about, etc., but I haven't made any new friends up here that will end up being lasting friendships.  I know that sounds sad, but it isn't from a lack of trying.  My friends are all back home (over four hours away), so they are now pretty much FB friends or texting friends.  I miss them a lot.  I found this site and was like, "Hey, it's online, but I will have adults to talk to now!"  Anyway, feel free to be my friend on here.

I'm Heather.  I'm 29 and have a 2 year old daughter. 

alecolby
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol I know but it doesnt hurt to try at least once a month lol maybe I'll get luck. Do you have a boy or a girl? Btw love your name! I'm Alejandra

Quoting Dragon.Momma86:

Good luck. Everytime I try this I never get anywhere . Lol I'm Delancey. I have a 16 month old.

mom_to_kenzie
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll be a bff!!!! Lol I'm lacy, I'm 24 and have 3 kids. A 5 yo, a 2 yo, and a 2 month old. Can I ask where you live?
QueenWisdom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm Shae

From Ft worth!! Sorry to hear about your worries. Im a sahm.and I have plenty of time to chat, lol if you ever need any help or advice feel free to contact me. Nice to meet you
alecolby
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I'm originally from Texas as well! I totally get what you mean people are so stupid sometimes. Its even harder making friends when I live in such a small town that is mainly populated by retired people.

Quoting hds_02:

It's hard to adjust after a move.  I totally feel your pain.  I'm originally from TX, but we moved to OK a few months ago.  I worked for six months of the time we have been here, but I had to quit because everyone there was stealing from the place and editing time cards (mine included).  I don't tolerate crap like that, so I reported them and then quit.  So needless to say, I didn't make any friends with them.  I just can't get on board with that.  Our neighbors don't have kids our age and never really seem to be home.  I guess they work a lot, so nothing has come from that.  We go to the park, go out and about, etc., but I haven't made any new friends up here that will end up being lasting friendships.  I know that sounds sad, but it isn't from a lack of trying.  My friends are all back home (over four hours away), so they are now pretty much FB friends or texting friends.  I miss them a lot.  I found this site and was like, "Hey, it's online, but I will have adults to talk to now!"  Anyway, feel free to be my friend on here.

alecolby
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Yay! lol I'm originally from Texas but now I live in New Mexico

Quoting mom_to_kenzie:

I'll be a bff!!!! Lol I'm lacy, I'm 24 and have 3 kids. A 5 yo, a 2 yo, and a 2 month old. Can I ask where you live?

hds_02
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Where is home for you in TX and are you now in a different state or just a different town from your hometown?

Quoting alecolby:

I'm originally from Texas as well! I totally get what you mean people are so stupid sometimes. Its even harder making friends when I live in such a small town that is mainly populated by retired people.

Quoting hds_02:

CafeMom Tickers
alecolby
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Shae :) love your name btw. I lived in El Paso! Thats crazy lol

Quoting QueenWisdom:

Hi I'm Shae

From Ft worth!! Sorry to hear about your worries. Im a sahm.and I have plenty of time to chat, lol if you ever need any help or advice feel free to contact me. Nice to meet you

Vonnamarie23
by New Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I kno how u feel lol I really dnt have friends either that has kids in Lavonna I have a 1 year old and 5mnths pregnant with my other child. I am 19 and will be 20 Oct.2 feel free to txt me if u want 4694875571 : )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)