Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

figures.....

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

so dd started preschool last week.  and as luck would have it my dd has made friends with the one child whose parent rubs me the wrong way!!!

dont get me wrong.  the mom seems like someone i could get a long with .... the dad on the other had is just a bit creepy.  from the first day i saw him i was like wtf is wrong with him.... like looking at the other little kids saying things like oh shes cute and her too....  just seemed inappropriate.  he looks just as creepy.  and now the mom wants play dates! 

lol i dont know how im going to handle this one.  of course i want dd to have friends but you know.....

what would you do?

and before i have to hear it, yes i know i am being very judgemental but this is my daughter and this guy is just throwing up red flags.   i decided i will host one playdate this weekend where i can be in control of the situation but i dont know what to do after that.....

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anoncalypse
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM

BUMP!

arpazia
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Would it be creepy had another mom said those things?

I understand going with your gut, I just don't see why that's creepy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anoncalypse
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM

good point it proobably wouldnt bother me if it was another mom....  but this dad just kinda l looks creepy  like he has some thing wrong and weird... idk how to explain it

Quoting arpazia:

Would it be creepy had another mom said those things?

I understand going with your gut, I just don't see why that's creepy.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Go with her to the play dates
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would trust your mother's intuition, it's usually never wrong. If he gives you the creeps, then I would stay with your daughter for the play dates.

I know the feeling you are describing. Plenty of men can say that kids are cute, but when certain men say it it's in a creeper way. 

Trust your instincts!!!

anoncalypse
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Thank you

Quoting LuLuRex:

I would trust your mother's intuition, it's usually never wrong. If he gives you the creeps, then I would stay with your daughter for the play dates.

I know the feeling you are describing. Plenty of men can say that kids are cute, but when certain men say it it's in a creeper way. 

Trust your instincts!!!

anoncalypse
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM
That's a goods idea, although I don't want to come off as a helicopter parent either.... Hopefully the friendship will fizzle out

Quoting ditsyjo:

demonica29
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Right, who sends a preschooler to a play date alone?  Unless you and the parents are close. 

Quoting ditsyjo:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM
You talking hout my ex? Lol sounds identical what ppl tell me about him and also how we feel lol. Idk here is a bump good luck!!
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 10:19 PM
She's in preschool ... It's not a big thing to go with her and it gives a chance to get to really know the parents

Quoting anoncalypse:

That's a goods idea, although I don't want to come off as a helicopter parent either.... Hopefully the friendship will fizzle out

Quoting ditsyjo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)