Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Will you give me yours?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

We are trying to eat healthier in my house. But I am drawing a blank on things to cook for lunch and dinner. I have tried looking up recipes but I haven't found anything that really looks good. So, I was wondering if you ladies would give me your healthy recipes. I need recipes for everything; chicken (boneless and regular), lean beef, turkey. And also different ways to cook veggies. Thanks in advance.

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I steam or roast veggies. I poach chicken for salads. I make stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbage, etc. I just try and cook without processed foods and less rice, white potatoes and pasta.

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM
You can do bbq. I like to steam my veggies or have a salad. In the fall time, I like to make turkey chili and soups
Thunderbug75
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I was going to suggest soups.  Most are healthy, easy and cheap!

unspecified42
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM
We do low-carb (not like Atkins, just cut back a lot). We use eMeals and do the low carb plan and have really liked it so far. Most of the recipes have been pretty good and we get a lot of variety in our meals and I don't have to come up with meal plans. Plus the app includes a really handy shopping list function that I really love! We modify some to fit the meat we have and eat (we don't eat pork so I substitute turkey).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I find a lot of recipes on pinterest, weightwaters, and other sites as well as on some of the recipe groups here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)