Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How long will it take to get over a miscarriage?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 22 Replies
Three months ago I was diagnosed with Mastitis; an infection of the breasts that only hits pregnant or breastfeeding women and very rarely like bet to impossible hits non pregnant or breastfeeding women. I had taken test after test to see if I was pregnant since I had every symptom. I was on the pill my husband and I were only married just over a month and here I was having symptoms. All test were negative which okay my hormones are acting up do to the BC no big deal. Last week I find out that I was pregnant and that I had miscarried my baby and that has led to the infection. How do I get over the pain of having a miscarriage? It seems that seeing a newborn or an expecting mother just reminds me of what we lost? I work in a retail store and see this a lot what do I do?
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Every situation is different I know Cafemom has a pregnancy loss support group hopefully you can find the answers you need there.

Good luck and Im sorry for your loss.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 4:28 PM

It could take days to months to get over a lost pregnancy.  Concentrate on your health and i am sure if you want, you could have a healthy pregnancy the next time.

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I am sorry for your loss.
Lovemyshadows
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It takes as long as it takes. Everyone is different, there are no rules. Take as long as you need.

ermka
by Gold Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I miscarried Tuesday. I have the same questions. If you need/want to talk. Feel free to message me.
karlie2
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM
We had a missed miscarriage. It was a couple of months before I started to feel ok.
Give yourself the time you need.
jenzachsam
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I lost my very first pregnancy due to miscarriage, in 1998, and I'm still not over it yet.  I also lossed another in 2006.  

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

1) after a miscarriage, you are really very fertile afterwards. 2) most docs say to wait at least 3 months but most of it is emotionally. Personally it has been 2 years later and I still think of my MC but it was a late term oe so I needed to have surgery, it was around Mother's day, my birthday and the actual removal occurred on my hubby's birthday so overall very tramautizing.

tiniowien
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandma used to say "a miscarriage is just gods way of saying it wasn't meant to be this time."

I know it's hard I had six 

TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I don't think its something you get over. IMO its something that's always there especially when there's a trigger (seeing a baby). Over time It just won't hurt AS much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)