Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My ss will not sleep....

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

My step son has a hard time sleeping over when it's my DH's visitation time. He cries that he wants his mother. She sleeps with him at night and it makes it very difficult when he stays over for him to fall asleep. My DH sleeps lays with him till he falls asleep but before bed SS still cries bloody murder that he wants his mother. BM states his psychologist told her that it is fine that she sleeps with him and that there is no reason for her to stop what she is doing makes it harder when he stays over our house. Can anyone relate or have any ideas on what we can do to help my SS sleep better?

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Welcome to the group,
Sorry this is happening.
how old is he?
Hope others have some ideas for you :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:18 PM

How old is he?  That would be tough for him to go from a cosleeping house to a non cosleeping house that is away from mom.  His dad can talk to the psychologist himself to find out what was said since there are times where the ex can/will lie.

2manydiapers
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Most states DCFS rules state no cosleeping past age 6, thats what I was told recently when I called dcfs after my oldest said his birth father hit him in the back when angry

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM

How old is your stepson? Can he bring a comfort item from mom's house when he comes, something that he can snuggle with and that will help him be more comfortable sleeping at Dad's home?

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I'd have your husband talk to the psychologist to explain what's happening at your house and to ask for advice on how to make it easier on your ss when he's visiting you guys and cannot sleep with his mom during those times.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Excellent advice!

Quoting bamababe1975:

I'd have your husband talk to the psychologist to explain what's happening at your house and to ask for advice on how to make it easier on your ss when he's visiting you guys and cannot sleep with his mom during those times.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never heard of this, in fact I have a friend who works for DCFS and she still sleeps with her 9 y/o granddaughter.

Quoting 2manydiapers:

Most states DCFS rules state no cosleeping past age 6, thats what I was told recently when I called dcfs after my oldest said his birth father hit him in the back when angry

jsjammerz
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I've never heard an age limit for co-sleeping either. I know in wi, kids can't share a room after she five if they're outside sexes.
2manydiapers
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Well I dealt with dcfs in California in June of this year, after y son claimed his father abused him on a visit. I was informed by dcfs worker in my county the cut off is 6 years

Quoting elasmimi:

I have never heard of this, in fact I have a friend who works for DCFS and she still sleeps with her 9 y/o granddaughter.

Quoting 2manydiapers:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)