Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

who gets the room?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dh & I are looking into vacation rentals in south lake Tahoe. We are planning on sharing a house with his friend, friend's wife, and 2 kids. We will be going 50/50 on the rental, so who's suppose to get the master suite? The master suite has it's own hot tub, walk in showers, etc. I want that room & so does the friend's wife. There's a hot tub in the backyard too, but I'm insecure about my body, so I won't be getting in it where the other guests can see me haha. I told dh we should just get our own place. His friend said they won't be able to afford a place by themselves. The wife refuses to stay in a rental that isn't luxury Looking. How do you decide who gets the best room?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QueenBof6
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I would just pay more for the master

Or you can flip for it
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I said we would pay more to get the master, but the friends wife said no. Then I asked if they will be paying more then to get the rental & she said no.

Quoting QueenBof6:I would just pay more for the master

Or you can flip for it
Rh1annaa
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Then that isn't right. Depending on how badly I wanted to live with them, I would flip a coin. If not, I'd move somewhere else. If she wants to live in a nice place they can afford, you suck it up and make sacrifices. Don't know, that's just me

Quoting funmommy123:I said we would pay more to get the master, but the friends wife said no. Then I asked if they will be paying more then to get the rental & she said no.

Or you can flip for it
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Any reason why it cant be shared? 

I say if the adults cant agree, the kids should share it :P 

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Idk, I could careless of how others really see me on the outside. Imo if its so bad there is no compromise id end up saying its the kids room. Then again I'm not renting it out. It could be the ladies room or hell share it. One night you get it another she gets it. Or if its a four night stay two nights you get it two nights she gets it. Idk just seeing what options she up to doing, like a pp said see if she is willing to spend more for that room or if you are explain they get less for the other room.
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:17 AM
I didn't want to share a rental with them to begin with. His wife can be very difficult & judgemental. She's the type who thinks she's above everyone. I only agreed to it, because it dh's friend. I told dh I can't see it being very fun lol.

Quoting Rh1annaa:Then that isn't right. Depending on how badly I wanted to live with them, I would flip a coin. If not, I'd move somewhere else. If she wants to live in a nice place they can afford, you suck it up and make sacrifices. Don't know, that's just me

Quoting funmommy123:I said we would pay more to get the master, but the friends wife said no. Then I asked if they will be paying more then to get the rental & she said no.

Or you can flip for it
Rh1annaa
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Haha I could never live with another woman who was like that. We would but heads all the time.

Quoting funmommy123:

I didn't want to share a rental with them to begin with. His wife can be very difficult & judgemental. She's the tyoe who thinks she's above everyone. I only agrrwd to it, because it dh's friend. I told dh I can't see it being very fun lol.

Quoting Rh1annaa:Then that isn't right. Depending on how badly I wanted to live with them, I would flip a coin. If not, I'd move somewhere else. If she wants to live in a nice place they can afford, you suck it up and make sacrifices. Don't know, that's just me

Or you can flip for it

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:20 AM
I have tried to think of other options, trust me lol. Her son is 3 urs older then my oldest, so he won't share room with my 2 boys. So that's out. I can bring up the sharing thing & see what she says tomorrow.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:21 AM
This

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM
I couldn't even sit jn the same room for too long when I met her for the first time a year ago lol.

Quoting Rh1annaa:

Haha I could never live with another woman who was like that. We would but heads all the time.

Quoting funmommy123:

I didn't want to share a rental with them to begin with. His wife can be very difficult & judgemental. She's the tyoe who thinks she's above everyone. I only agrrwd to it, because it dh's friend. I told dh I can't see it being very fun lol.

Or you can flip for it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)