Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Dh & I are looking into vacation rentals in south lake Tahoe. We are planning on sharing a house with his friend, friend's wife, and 2 kids. We will be going 50/50 on the rental, so who's suppose to get the master suite? The master suite has it's own hot tub, walk in showers, etc. I want that room & so does the friend's wife. There's a hot tub in the backyard too, but I'm insecure about my body, so I won't be getting in it where the other guests can see me haha. I told dh we should just get our own place. His friend said they won't be able to afford a place by themselves. The wife refuses to stay in a rental that isn't luxury Looking. How do you decide who gets the best room?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Replies (11-20):
chicklopez
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this

You get your own room. Otherwise someone is going to get mad. Maybe try to find another place that has 2 suites?

Otherwise Id explain to them youd rather just get your own for (insert excuse)

Its a vacation, you should enjoy yourself too

QueenBof6
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I say tough shit for her.
I would just say hey we are going to pay x amount of dollars more to take the master. If they aren't willing to pay more whats the point of you guys paying the same amount if they have the bigger room. If they didn't like it I would just back out if the whole thing and get our own place.

Quoting funmommy123:

I said we would pay more to get the master, but the friends wife said no. Then I asked if they will be paying more then to get the rental & she said no.

Quoting QueenBof6:I would just pay more for the master

Or you can flip for it
imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't even do this. Fuck them.
SarahlovesLiz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:26 AM
2 moms liked this
The way I see it is that for the extra luxury there should be an extra expense. Why pay exactly the same when you're not both getting the same experience? If they can't afford the extra or a separate place, maybe they should rethink their decision to go on a trip. I'd say they pay more, take the other room and pay like 40%, or they find another vacation or someone else's to piggyback on. They don't sound like good friends if they aren't willing to compromise and be fair, no offense intended.
QueenBof6
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Honestly. I would shine the whole thing then and do your own thing.
How long is this vacation

Quoting funmommy123:

I couldn't even sit jn the same room for too long when I met her for the first time a year ago lol.

Quoting Rh1annaa:

Haha I could never live with another woman who was like that. We would but heads all the time.

Quoting funmommy123:

I didn't want to share a rental with them to begin with. His wife can be very difficult & judgemental. She's the tyoe who thinks she's above everyone. I only agrrwd to it, because it dh's friend. I told dh I can't see it being very fun lol.

Quoting Rh1annaa:Then that isn't right. Depending on how badly I wanted to live with them, I would flip a coin. If not, I'd move somewhere else. If she wants to live in a nice place they can afford, you suck it up and make sacrifices. Don't know, that's just me

Quoting funmommy123:I said we would pay more to get the master, but the friends wife said no. Then I asked if they will be paying more then to get the rental & she said no.

Or you can flip for it

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I did find one that had 2 suites. I texted it to her & she said she would want the bigger suite but pay less. If I'm willing to take the suite with th smaller tub then I don't see why I would have to pay more. I told her no, it would be 50/50, but she said it was too mucb & I was the one who wanted the 2 suites! Lol

Quoting chicklopez:

You get your own room. Otherwise someone is going to get mad. Maybe try to find another place that has 2 suites?

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Just 3 days.

Quoting QueenBof6:

Honestly. I would shine the whole thing then and do your own thing.

How long is this vacation

Quoting funmommy123:

I couldn't even sit jn the same room for too long when I met her for the first time a year ago lol.

Quoting Rh1annaa:

Haha I could never live with another woman who was like that. We would but heads all the time.

Quoting funmommy123:

I didn't want to share a rental with them to begin with. His wife can be very difficult & judgemental. She's the tyoe who thinks she's above everyone. I only agrrwd to it, because it dh's friend. I told dh I can't see it being very fun lol.

Quoting Rh1annaa:Then that isn't right. Depending on how badly I wanted to live with them, I would flip a coin. If not, I'd move somewhere else. If she wants to live in a nice place they can afford, you suck it up and make sacrifices. Don't know, that's just me

Quoting funmommy123:I said we would pay more to get the master, but the friends wife said no. Then I asked if they will be paying more then to get the rental & she said no.

Or you can flip for it

susannah2000
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Doesn't  sound to me like she will go for sharing or compromising in any way, but demand everything for herself. i wouldn't enjoy "vacationing" with someone like that.

imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

I did find one that had 2 suites. I texted it to her & she said she would want the bigger suite but pay less. If I'm willing to take the suite with th smaller tub then I don't see why I would have to pay more. I told her no, it would be 50/50, but she said it was too mucb & I was the one who wanted the 2 suites! Lol

Quoting chicklopez:

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what I told dh lol.

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)