Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Dh & I are looking into vacation rentals in south lake Tahoe. We are planning on sharing a house with his friend, friend's wife, and 2 kids. We will be going 50/50 on the rental, so who's suppose to get the master suite? The master suite has it's own hot tub, walk in showers, etc. I want that room & so does the friend's wife. There's a hot tub in the backyard too, but I'm insecure about my body, so I won't be getting in it where the other guests can see me haha. I told dh we should just get our own place. His friend said they won't be able to afford a place by themselves. The wife refuses to stay in a rental that isn't luxury Looking. How do you decide who gets the best room?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Dude better listen!

Quoting funmommy123:

That's what I told dh lol.

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

I did find one that had 2 suites. I texted it to her & she said she would want the bigger suite but pay less. If I'm willing to take the suite with th smaller tub then I don't see why I would have to pay more. I told her no, it would be 50/50, but she said it was too mucb & I was the one who wanted the 2 suites! Lol

Quoting chicklopez:

You get your own room. Otherwise someone is going to get mad. Maybe try to find another place that has 2 suites?

Otherwise Id explain to them youd rather just get your own for (insert excuse)

Its a vacation, you should enjoy yourself too

susannah2000
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

I did find one that had 2 suites. I texted it to her & she said she would want the bigger suite but pay less. If I'm willing to take the suite with th smaller tub then I don't see why I would have to pay more. I told her no, it would be 50/50, but she said it was too mucb & I was the one who wanted the 2 suites! Lol

Quoting chicklopez:

You get your own room. Otherwise someone is going to get mad. Maybe try to find another place that has 2 suites?

Well she's got  a set, I gotta say! She said she wants the luxury room but will pay LESS on the "50/50" rent? Obviously these people are lacking in math skills. 50/50 means both parties pay the SAME. If OP goes along with this "vacation," she deserves what she gets.

imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Her DH isn't even listening to her.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

Well she's got  a set, I gotta say! She said she wants the luxury room but will pay LESS on the "50/50" rent? Obviously these people are lacking in math skills. 50/50 means both parties pay the SAME. If OP goes along with this "vacation," she deserves what she gets.

imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Might I add that I suck at math and still see this is fucked.

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

chicklopez
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:52 AM
if your DH isn't listening then let him go by himself. It wouldn't be anything more then a headache. He should care about what you want and he should see how selfish she is being and say No. They cant afford it on their own, that's their problem. You would think she would be more accomadating.
busymommy2013
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:52 AM
If you will be there for more than one night, which I'm sure you will be. Maybe decide who gets the suite first, and then the second half of the stay, the other couple can have it. You know, like sharing? You guys can wash the bedding and what not, so that shouldn't be a concern.
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Ummm...where did I say my dh wasn't listening to me? Lol. He knows how the friend's wife is, so he said whatever I want is fine with him. I was trying to make it work with the wife, because I know dh was looking forward to his friend being there.

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

susannah2000
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

I wouldn't go. He can go by himself. She should tell him she is going to vacation somewhere nice by herself!!! I bet he would "listen" to that.  What a nice guy her husband sounds like.

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh is fine with whatever I want to do. I was just trying to find a way to make it work with the wife, because dh was looking forward to having his friend there also.

Quoting chicklopez:

if your DH isn't listening then let him go by himself. It wouldn't be anything more then a headache.
He should care about what you want and he should see how selfish she is being and say No.
They cant afford it on their own, that's their problem. You would think she would be more accomadating.
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband is fine with whatever I want lol. I never said he wasn't listening. I was wanting to make it work with the wife, since dh was looking forwaed to his friend being there. My husband actually is a nice man with a really big heart :)

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

I wouldn't go. He can go by himself. She should tell him she is going to vacation somewhere nice by herself!!! I bet he would "listen" to that.  What a nice guy her husband sounds like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)