Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Dh & I are looking into vacation rentals in south lake Tahoe. We are planning on sharing a house with his friend, friend's wife, and 2 kids. We will be going 50/50 on the rental, so who's suppose to get the master suite? The master suite has it's own hot tub, walk in showers, etc. I want that room & so does the friend's wife. There's a hot tub in the backyard too, but I'm insecure about my body, so I won't be getting in it where the other guests can see me haha. I told dh we should just get our own place. His friend said they won't be able to afford a place by themselves. The wife refuses to stay in a rental that isn't luxury Looking. How do you decide who gets the best room?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
imandia4
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my B. I thought dude wasn't listening. I think the guys need to plan a guy night or something.

Quoting funmommy123:

Ummm...where did I say my dh wasn't listening to me? Lol. He knows how the friend's wife is, so he said whatever I want is fine with him. I was trying to make it work with the wife, because I know dh was looking forward to his friend being there.

Quoting imandia4:

Her DH isn't even listening to her.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

I did find one that had 2 suites. I texted it to her & she said she would want the bigger suite but pay less. If I'm willing to take the suite with th smaller tub then I don't see why I would have to pay more. I told her no, it would be 50/50, but she said it was too mucb & I was the one who wanted the 2 suites! Lol

Quoting chicklopez:

You get your own room. Otherwise someone is going to get mad. Maybe try to find another place that has 2 suites?

Otherwise Id explain to them youd rather just get your own for (insert excuse)

Its a vacation, you should enjoy yourself too

Well she's got  a set, I gotta say! She said she wants the luxury room but will pay LESS on the "50/50" rent? Obviously these people are lacking in math skills. 50/50 means both parties pay the SAME. If OP goes along with this "vacation," she deserves what she gets.

chicklopez
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:00 AM

ah ok. well, try sitting down with them, all 4 of you and explain to them they have 2 options

1- no together vacay rental

2- you go 5050 on a rental with 2 suites.

Are you even ok with doing a rental with 2 suites?

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:04 AM
That would be hard, because the wife won't "let" her man go anywhere without her.

Quoting imandia4:

Oh my B. I thought dude wasn't listening. I think the guys need to plan a guy night or something.

Quoting funmommy123:

Ummm...where did I say my dh wasn't listening to me? Lol. He knows how the friend's wife is, so he said whatever I want is fine with him. I was trying to make it work with the wife, because I know dh was looking forward to his friend being there.

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

I did find one that had 2 suites. I texted it to her & she said she would want the bigger suite but pay less. If I'm willing to take the suite with th smaller tub then I don't see why I would have to pay more. I told her no, it would be 50/50, but she said it was too mucb & I was the one who wanted the 2 suites! Lol

Quoting chicklopez:

You get your own room. Otherwise someone is going to get mad. Maybe try to find another place that has 2 suites?

Well she's got  a set, I gotta say! She said she wants the luxury room but will pay LESS on the "50/50" rent? Obviously these people are lacking in math skills. 50/50 means both parties pay the SAME. If OP goes along with this "vacation," she deserves what she gets.

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Yes, I am. When I texted the friwnd's wife about it, she wantwd the bigger suite & to pay less. I said no, sjnce I was getting the smaller suite. She said the 2 suites cost more & it was my idea, so I should pay more. I texted dh at work just now & told him we're FOR SURE not sharing a rental.

Quoting chicklopez: ah ok. well, try sitting down with them, all 4 of you and explain to them they have 2 options
susannah2000
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Quoting funmommy123:

My husband is fine with whatever I want lol. I never said he wasn't listening. I was wanting to make it work with the wife, since dh was looking forwaed to his friend being there. My husband actually is a nice man with a really big heart :)

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

I wouldn't go. He can go by himself. She should tell him she is going to vacation somewhere nice by herself!!! I bet he would "listen" to that.  What a nice guy her husband sounds like.

But, if he is listening, why doesn't he care how the wife is treating you and that it wouldn't be fun for you to be around her? I understand that he wants to go and hang with his friend, but what about you? You can't make it work with the wife unless she is willing to compromise and be friendly, and it doesn't sound like that's her strong point.
imandia4
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:12 AM
I would suggest girls night while its going down but....

Quoting funmommy123:

That would be hard, because the wife won't "let" her man go anywhere without her.

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

Quoting chicklopez:

mama_l
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:25 AM
2 moms liked this
If she's being this big of a hassle already imagine what it would be like to be stuck in the same vacation house. I would strongly recommend getting separate rentals. Good luck!!
chicklopez
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:56 AM
sounds like a plan. wish she wasn't being such a bitch and ruining everyones vacation. Does she know this is a, compromise or we aren't going, situation? She might be more willing to work with yall. Either way, hopefully she gets her shit together when she realizes how much she lost out.
Quoting funmommy123:

Yes, I am. When I texted the friwnd's wife about it, she wantwd the bigger suite & to pay less. I said no, sjnce I was getting the smaller suite. She said the 2 suites cost more & it was my idea, so I should pay more. I texted dh at work just now & told him we're FOR SURE not sharing a rental.

Quoting chicklopez: ah ok. well, try sitting down with them, all 4 of you and explain to them they have 2 options
BnC since 2006
A-2009, B-2011, X-2012
NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I would say, "we want the hot tub room.  We will either get our own room or we can share the room.  We will pay 60% for the use of the master but we will have a master suite either way.  Its your choice to get your own room or share ours and use a regular bedroom. 

PrimmednPunked
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

She sounds like a brat.  If I were you I would let her know that you all can share the hot tub and nice amenities that come with the master bedroom.  If she says no to that then you flip a coin.  If she can't handle that then let her know that if she wants to live the high life then they will have to figure out how to do it themselves and get your own room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN