Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Dh & I are looking into vacation rentals in south lake Tahoe. We are planning on sharing a house with his friend, friend's wife, and 2 kids. We will be going 50/50 on the rental, so who's suppose to get the master suite? The master suite has it's own hot tub, walk in showers, etc. I want that room & so does the friend's wife. There's a hot tub in the backyard too, but I'm insecure about my body, so I won't be getting in it where the other guests can see me haha. I told dh we should just get our own place. His friend said they won't be able to afford a place by themselves. The wife refuses to stay in a rental that isn't luxury Looking. How do you decide who gets the best room?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
Pnukey
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

In this scenario, do not invest with these people. 

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
When I first told him the issue, he said it's up to me. Then he brought up the Iidea of getting separate rentals to his friend & he said they wouldn't be able to afford it. Dh told me that & left it up to me. I was just trying to make it work with the wife. It would benifit us a little too if they went. They could warch the kids onw night while dh & I go out for adult time. Then we would watch theirs. Since, she's not willing to compromise on anything, it's not worth it.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting funmommy123:

My husband is fine with whatever I want lol. I never said he wasn't listening. I was wanting to make it work with the wife, since dh was looking forwaed to his friend being there. My husband actually is a nice man with a really big heart :)

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Her DH isn't even listening to her.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting imandia4:

Yep. Fuck em.

Quoting funmommy123:

I did find one that had 2 suites. I texted it to her & she said she would want the bigger suite but pay less. If I'm willing to take the suite with th smaller tub then I don't see why I would have to pay more. I told her no, it would be 50/50, but she said it was too mucb & I was the one who wanted the 2 suites! Lol

Quoting chicklopez:

You get your own room. Otherwise someone is going to get mad. Maybe try to find another place that has 2 suites?

Otherwise Id explain to them youd rather just get your own for (insert excuse)

Its a vacation, you should enjoy yourself too

Well she's got  a set, I gotta say! She said she wants the luxury room but will pay LESS on the "50/50" rent? Obviously these people are lacking in math skills. 50/50 means both parties pay the SAME. If OP goes along with this "vacation," she deserves what she gets.

I wouldn't go. He can go by himself. She should tell him she is going to vacation somewhere nice by herself!!! I bet he would "listen" to that.  What a nice guy her husband sounds like.

But, if he is listening, why doesn't he care how the wife is treating you and that it wouldn't be fun for you to be around her? I understand that he wants to go and hang with his friend, but what about you? You can't make it work with the wife unless she is willing to compromise and be friendly, and it doesn't sound like that's her strong point.
LadySlimm
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM

If the wife is being that way, I say you should get it, maybe even offer to go 60/40 on the payment

Avarah
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Send an email to the adults involved, including your husband.

I will no longer bicker over who gets the master at property a or who gets the biggest master at property b. A decision needs to be made and I will not spend money on a vacation where we are taken advantage of. A vacation is supposed to be fun for everyone involved.

Choose one of the following two FAIR splits of the properties or we will just take seperate vacations.

Options: 2 suites, the person with the larger master pays 20% more
Or
1 master and family who takes master pays 20% more.

Choose one option and get back to us.

^^that's what I'd do. The stupid games aren't worth playing. So sorry they can't afford their own vacation, but that's not your problem.
Indianamomto4
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Why not split the time in the master 50/50 with the other couple? that 's what we have done in the past.

Indianamomto4
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Just read all the other responses and saw that she is not willing to compromise on anything, so unless you are willing to let them have the master which I understand why thats not fair, then probably vacationing with them is going to be a nightmare and the end of a friendship so just avoid it.

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I told dh we won't be sharing a rental with them & he said whatever I want to do is fine. His friends are going to have to get a smaller rental that they can afford or not go. Which, I'm thinking not going would be best for all of us lol. Ig they did go, the wife would just have an attitude the whole time, because she didn't get her way & kill everyone's vibe.

Quoting Avarah:

Send an email to the adults involved, including your husband.

I will no longer bicker over who gets the master at property a or who gets the biggest master at property b. A decision needs to be made and I will not spend money on a vacation where we are taken advantage of. A vacation is supposed to be fun for everyone involved.

Choose one of the following two FAIR splits of the properties or we will just take seperate vacations.

Options: 2 suites, the person with the larger master pays 20% more

Or

1 master and family who takes master pays 20% more.

Choose one option and get back to us.

^^that's what I'd do. The stupid games aren't worth playing. So sorry they can't afford their own vacation, but that's not your problem.
Avarah
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Good! That's the best option of all! What an entitled bitch she is!
gspot
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Tell your husband you want your own place and tell her to pound sand. If you know you wont be able to have fun dealing with her then dont subject yourself to it. And as far as hubby i think its selfish of him to ask you too. Exspecially if he knows how you feel.. stand your ground its your vacation too. Good luck
sgillen
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Flip for it sounds fair haha.

Or you could just offer to pay more and in exchange get the master suite.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN