Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need leftover/freezer dinner ideas please.PIOG.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 18 Replies
Ok ladies I need your help. I usually have dinner ready before 6pm but I'm working until 5-5:30 so that won't be possible. I want to make meals that dh can heat up for Dd when he gets home,so I need ideas. I'm tired of cooking the same things. Rice,beans,meat that's like our menu almost every night. Dd loves mashed potatoes( if anyone can tell me how to make them from scratch even better LOL) so what are good leftovers dinner ideas? Thanks
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellysp6637
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

One of the favorites in my house is:

Chicken pot pie.  I use pre made pie crusts......two pieces of chicken breast shredded, 1 bag of frozen vegetables, and 1 can cream of chicken soup.......takes about 15 minutes to put together, bake in the oven for about 40 minutes and it's a GREAT heat up meal and I also get to take a piece of lunch for myself for work.

The remainder of the chicken in the package I marinate for grilled chicken.....

sbTLD
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Easiest way to make quick mashed potatoes from scratch is to cook a few potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes, peel them, mash them with salt & pepper - milk - broth or sourcream ... whatever you like.

Our favorite left over is lasagna because it reheats well in the microwave and you can have a salad and bread and you have a decent meal.

You could also make shepherds pie with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas (or your favorite veggie) and your left over meat.

Chili is another option you could make using your left over beans and meat!

CafeMom Tickers

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I just realized it should be " freezer meal ideas" or something like that lol
sbTLD
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Invest in a seal and save! I spent about $125.00 on ours and it uses rolls for bags that can be cut to any size you need. Bags are like $20.00 a roll.

I seal all kinds of left overs in them. Seal whatever you have as leftovers and freeze it. when it is time to cook it just stick the bag in a pot of boiling water and in 7 minutes you have a hot meal. I used to do this for our son too when we just had a little portion left that may have gotten thrown out - that way if we were having something he did not like or was too spicey etc. I could boil his while cooking ours and he had a healthy meal.

CafeMom Tickers

AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Taco soup is easy to make and it freezes very well.
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

homemade mashed pot.

peel and cut potatoes into chunks, put into pot of water, bring to a boil, cook until fork tender, drain, use a mixer or potatoe masher, mash pot, add butter, milk, salt, pepper, easy peasy

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

homemade mashed pot.

peel and cut potatoes into chunks, put into pot of water, bring to a boil, cook until fork tender, drain, use a mixer or potatoe masher, mash pot, add butter, milk, salt, pepper, easy peasy

OP this is the best way to make basic mashed potatoes but do not use a mixer.  Hand mash or put them in a ricer.  A mixer/blender will make the texture gluey.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM

join the crock pot group. Also Kraft foods has some good 30 minutes 1 skillet meals.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Spaghetti!!!

jconney80
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Lasagna

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)