Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

want to work for Flagler County Florida?  Dont bother applying if you smoke.  You will be given a blood test as part of the application process and have to sign an affidavit that you wont start!  Random testing will occur as well!

How do you feel about this?  Im not a smoker and i hate the smell but it seems a bit crazy!

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
Kaya529
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM
24 moms liked this
Between this, clothing laws, requesting no peanut butter in homes (how long till it's a law?), size of soda laws, etc... I am wondering how far everyone is going to allow the govt. to go in dictating every aspect of your life? How long until we are all clones? But hey, as long as we keep on chanting that we are the land of the free we can keep pretending that it is true.

Double speak anyone?
rhiannonaisling
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM

It seems a bit excessive...but I don't mind since I and two of my kids have asthma that is triggered by cigarette smoke...

tiarra7022
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM
7 moms liked this

I get the no smoking on the job but I dont think they should be able to tell you how to live off the job. What you do on your time off is your business.

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
We have that policy at work. I feel it is fair. I am a nurse so how am I going to preach about the negative side effects and then go light up?
malibucj
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Fine with me. Cigarettes stink and so do the people who smoke.

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
This is not the government but individual businesses

Quoting Kaya529:

Between this, clothing laws, requesting no peanut butter in homes (how long till it's a law?), size of soda laws, etc... I am wondering how far everyone is going to allow the govt. to go in dictating every aspect of your life? How long until we are all clones? But hey, as long as we keep on chanting that we are the land of the free we can keep pretending that it is true.

Double speak anyone?

Dark_Horse
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Some are but then again they get used too the smell of the cig smoke that they don't notice anymore.

Quoting Amybelle:

Sounds good to me.....many smokers are in denial about how badly they stink.

Pnukey
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I've worked for a business that had a no-smoking rule. I liked it!

Moonbabylove
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Sounds perfectly reasonable. They pay for your insurance. Not to mention the hygiene issues. It smells and if you are dealing with the public it is gross. Not to mention third hand smoke if you have to touch people like in hospitals or massage places. Smokers have poorer immunity and are more likely to take sick days. I don't even understand why you would do it. There are no benefits!
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM
10 moms liked this

Test my blood for a legal substance, while Im willing to make money for YOU, and deny me employment because of YOUR beliefs or preferences?

Sure! I am standing in line right now with pen in hand to sign!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)