Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sugar Mama is looking to spoil a few deserving SINGLE MOMS!!! ;) **UPDATED with winners announcedv

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 93 Replies
4 moms liked this

Do you know a single mom who doesn't do enough or anything for herself? Perhaps YOU are a single mom, who could use a little pick me up?

For the last 3 yrs I have run a small home business, and I have been looking for ways to "give back" so to speak. Someone gave me this idea and I think it was an awesome Idea. 

I am looking to bless 5 single moms who don't get much or do much for themself ..... I make handmade Jewelry and will be choosing 5 special moms to give some gifts to this Christmas. It is only september, and I'm sure I will get a LOT of replies, so That is why I started early.

Do you know a single mom who could use a pick me up? Something special handmade just for THEM? Nominate yourself or another SINGLE MOM here in this post. I will choose 5 moms , that will receive a special handmade set of jewelry just for them this Christmas. 

Since I am giving out an actual item I would please ask that you not participate if you cannot give out an address of where the items should be shipped (address will be kept private, and shared via PM, with only ME). This is not Affiliated with CAFE MOM, I am doing this on my own. 

So, tell me about a single mom that deserves something special this christmas! <3 I will be choosing 5 moms at the end of October. <3 

ETA an example of the items I make :) 

***UPDATE****

I had such a HARD time trying to choose my winners, so I enlisted the help of a good friend and CM I know and I allowed her to choose the winners for me. I honestly wish I had the means to give to everyone who replied , and perhaps one day I will  be able to do that! But for now We have chosen our 5 winners and they are as follows.....

SamanthaDHayes~ Metalmomto3~ Kuromi2013 ~Peanutx3~ Joken

Please send me the following info ~ The mom's name and address to where the gift should be sent, your name, so hat I may include that in  the card I am sending with their gift, and a list of household memebers (childre's names and ages.) 

Please send the info to starrscrafts@yahoo.com 

Congrats Ladies and TY for participating <3 

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SugarMamaO76
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM

BUMP!

Beenhereforever
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
My 2 friends aren't on cm. but both of them fall into the same situation. Both left sbusive relationships to better their children. All alone. No help from any family. One friend is in Washington state and the other is in Sacramento. Also, I would buy your jewlary from you.
AMR320
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I am semi/newly single. I am going through a divorce due to my STBX's alcoholism. I have a 5 and 2 year old. I live in a state away from my family. STBX in laws live here though. I can't move until the divorce is finalized and even then I hate to move my 5 year old in the middle of the school year so it will be summer before I can move home. It is really sweet of you to want to do this for others! Good Luck in picking your winners!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SugarMamaO76
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I am just looking to do something nice for someone, :) Thank you for your entry! I will be having help choosing my winners as I am sure it will be difficult to choose! <3 

Quoting Beenhereforever:

My 2 friends aren't on cm. but both of them fall into the same situation. Both left sbusive relationships to better their children. All alone. No help from any family. One friend is in Washington state and the other is in Sacramento. Also, I would buy your jewlary from you.

bandzbandzbandz
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, and here I thought I'd send weird foot pics and get money or something. 

barbaramjohnson
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Hw sweet! Idk anyone who is single just thought I'd say your very kind! :-)
SugarMamaO76
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL I'm not a weird perv ! haha 

Quoting bandzbandzbandz:

Oh, and here I thought I'd send weird foot pics and get money or something. 

SugarMamaO76
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Hmm it may not be so difficult after all if we only have a few entries!! ;p Keep this bumped <3 

Dragon.Momma86
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Those are beautiful . But I do kkow one mom . Tho she's not on cm .. she got prego by a guy who was a douchebag. He didn't want much to do with her let alone the baby. And when thr baby was born he called the baby an *it* In every text ...
MissMia22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a dear friend....she is a single mom pregnant with her second child and she already has a special needs son. She is a hard working mom putting herself through nursing school with no help from the kids' dads. She is one of the. Strongest women I know :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)