Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My new "lifestyle" isn't working out very well for me.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

I started making shakes. 50% vegetables, 50% fruit. I also add in almonds or flax seeds. The liquid I use is 50% water and 50% apple juice (no sugar added) because It's really hard to drink if it's just water.. sometimes my shakes taste rancid. So anyways, I drink 1-2 shakes a day. I think they're like 12oz each. So anyways, since I've started doing these shakes.. I've had the most awful gas. HUGE HUGE farts that smell HORRIBLE. I can't even hold them in. And I SO do not want to fart at school. Any tips?

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Hmm I'm not sure. It must be the fiber causing gas!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM

maybe less fruit, more veggies??

catrig
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Beano? Maybe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatherineM
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Beano

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Hmm I would search for shakes that taste good and still healthy.  I prefer smoothies though.  Fruit juice, frozen or fresh fruit and yogurt.  No water or ice involved.  I havent tried adding veggies to them yet.

Mamamanic
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM

A lady at work went on a 30 day juice cleanse and it takes some dedication that is for sure. She was interested in the body healing itself when it is not bogged down by digestion which wastes a lot of your bodies energy. That is real extreme, but know several ladies that do the shakes in the morning and then a salad lunch.

autodidact
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 5:03 AM

try beano? 

apple juice by itself is high in sugar. and maybe try following recipes for a more tasty, yet still healthy, blend.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)