Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who hosts the holidays?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you usually host the holidays at your house (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc) or do you go somewhere else?

by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM
We used to go to nanny or mom n dad house.we might be doing our own this year.
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM

We have no family in this state, so it's just us.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:01 AM

my parents always do! thats where we all meet up at :)

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM

thanksgiving is at my cousin's house and christmas is usually just us and my parents... either at our house or at theirs depending on whose turn it is to travel.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:51 AM

We go somewhere else, this the 3rd year now.   It is more fun for me to help someone else cook than for us to just cook for the 2 of us.  DD has food issues so she does not eat what we do for holiday cooking.  She helps me bake cookies usually though for holidays.

jeniemarie
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM
easter is moms house, they have a big back yard for egg hunting. 4th of july is moms house, or hubbys sils parents. labor day, we may do a bbq at moms. thanksgivings at grandmas. christmas is at moms. new years is either at home or a friends house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM

The last few years we lived in the states we hosted Thanksgiving (we finally had a house large enough to entertain)....since it was the only holiday that we celebrated that our families do, it just made more sense to host instead of having to switch back-and-forth between sides of the family like we did for many years.

We spent all other holidays either having friends to our place, going to friends' homes or just us.  We do the same now....spending holidays either just us or with friends.

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:49 AM

It just depends on who has the room and who feels like cooking.  I lived with my sister for several years and we always cooked. I like otmake a turkey and a beef wellington.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)