Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Depression

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have been waking up at 7 for the past week and in bed by 10 pm each night. I am obviously depressed. So much on my plate, so much stress has led to depression. I don't want to do anything barely want to talk. I dont have energy to play with my son. Im barely in the mood today for church. I find depression a very common thing with me. I have so much going on but always do my job and what's expected of me. But at the end of the day I'm still depressed. I really don't know what to do. I have been feeling down and unhappy for awhile now.
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EmilyG10
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I'm sorry you're feeling like this. I too also struggle with depression and anxiety, my doctor has put me on something for it about a couple years ago when my grandmother past. it helps but I still feel down and overwhelmed most days. I would talk with your doctor.
Rhiannon1980
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Is there a way you can talk to your doctor to get some meds to get you though this spot? If not there are herbs you can take that can help. I wish you the best of luck.

lizard3731
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM

You need to talk to your doctor.  Possibly, you need anti-depressants.  I take them and they help.  You might also benefit from counseling.

Coley24
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:25 AM
You know I have been putting it off talking to a doctor about my depression, I think I may have been scared to be labeled. But its getting out of hand I think its time I talked to my doctor
mamajones4
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Don't worry about being label you are not the first nor the last to seek help for depression.I'm struggling with panic attack and I had to get help and meds helps me stay in control.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Don't let that scare you away from getting help.

Some things that have helped me...my friend made me a Gratitude Journal and at the end of each day I was to write one positive thing that had happened to me during the day. At the end of 1 year I would see only the good things that had happened (Ikll be honest, I didn't stick to it but her thoughtfulness meant a lot to me).

I do keep a journal but only write in it when I feel the need to. That has helped a lot. Reading through old posts also reminds me of tough times I've come through.

Good luck!

Quoting Coley24:

You know I have been putting it off talking to a doctor about my depression, I think I may have been scared to be labeled. But its getting out of hand I think its time I talked to my doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)