Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Gallbladder problems?

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 2 Replies
I've been having some health issues for a month for a month or so now. First, I had a bacterial infection in my intestinal tract and was in the hospital for 4 days. After that I kept having discomfort on my right side about mid abdomen and near my navel. They did a CT scan to check my appendix and found nothing. I still have discomfort, nausea, diarrhea off and on, and back pain going from my side up to my shoulder blade. The doctor really believes it's my gallbladder, but we know I don't have stones,probably just a bad gallbladder.

Right now I'm feeling ok and want to avoid the hydascan because the dye has caused me yo have a rapid heartbeat in the past. The doctor says as long as I can handle it, it will be ok to take a break and let my body rest.

Has anyone suffered from gallbladder issues and opted nit to have the surgery? Did a low fat or non greasy food diet help? What have you done to deal with the issue without surgery?
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PhoenixFire
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

My gallbladder fuctions at only 20%. I was told that I had to have it removed. I refused. I am now eating a very healthy diet with hardly any problems at all. I have a green smoothie with a vegetable protien powder and probiotics for breakfast. A salad with a high protien, low fat topper (like homemade taco meat or grilled fish). I've gotten to the point where I don't really miss the fatty, salty, greasy foods. (Except around the time Aunt Flo comes for a visit.) If you want a detailed menu plan on what I have tried so you have some sort of starting point, let me know.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I had issues.  I had the surgery.  My trigger was dairy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)