Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone else

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have 4 boys and I want a girl, like a lot. Yes I love all of my boys very much but I still want a girl. My husband and I have recently starting looking into gender selection. I've never used IVF and am a little worried about what all happens. So has anyone ever used IVF or gender selection? Would you be willing to tell me your story?
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I have 2 girls and I would like a boy.  Its isnt something I would be against.  Ever watch that movie Gattaca? Really good and is about something similar but rather removing genetic flaws such as heart disease, etc.

Emma995
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:53 AM

If God decided to be a girl it will be a girl or a boy,it's not fair to him or mother nature to choose if it will be a boy or a girl ....but when it comes to deases i'm totaly for it(for removing)

Jaide2883
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Well leaving it up to nature hasn't worked very well for us lol. We are choosing to gender select to balance the dynamic in our family. You know everyone is extremely supportive of a man who wants a boy but not a women who wants a daughter. I have caught a lot of crap about this decision, but it's my decision and I'm quite happy with it.

Quoting Emma995:

If God decided to be a girl it will be a girl or a boy,it's not fair to him or mother nature to choose if it will be a boy or a girl ....but when it comes to deases i'm totaly for it(for removing)

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:22 AM

We didn't use IVF, but timed our sexy-time correctly to get our boy. We already had our girl. Have you tried that yet?

Girl sperm swim slower, but last longer than boy sperm, so if you have sex 2-3 days before you ovulate, the boy sperm will be lost/dead by the time the egg pops out, leaving girl sperm to give you your daughter.

Reina13
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hi. I have 3 boys. I have never used IVF so I am no help.

But I have heard about the boy vs girl swimmers and their rate of survival.

Click here for the Trying to Conceive group...

Emma995
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM

i'm just telling not judging if you want that thats your choice...i wanted girl too but i love my boy more than anything in the world...no hard feelings

Quoting Jaide2883:

Well leaving it up to nature hasn't worked very well for us lol. We are choosing to gender select to balance the dynamic in our family. You know everyone is extremely supportive of a man who wants a boy but not a women who wants a daughter. I have caught a lot of crap about this decision, but it's my decision and I'm quite happy with it.

Quoting Emma995:

Jaide2883
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I tried all that, timing my ovulation, having sex 2 days before ovulation and not having sex on the day on or after ovulation. No luck. I tried timing it w the Chinese birth calendar, no luck. Tried missionary (not as deep penetration, further to travel female sperm live longer) no luck.

Quoting Pnukey:

We didn't use IVF, but timed our sexy-time correctly to get our boy. We already had our girl. Have you tried that yet?

Girl sperm swim slower, but last longer than boy sperm, so if you have sex 2-3 days before you ovulate, the boy sperm will be lost/dead by the time the egg pops out, leaving girl sperm to give you your daughter.

Jaide2883
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I apologize if I seem defensive I didn't mean it that way. I may be a bit guarded as I have caught a lot of crap from it. Even my family isn't supportive.

Quoting Emma995:

i'm just telling not judging if you want that thats your choice...i wanted girl too but i love my boy more than anything in the world...no hard feelings

Quoting Jaide2883:

Quoting Emma995:

ToniTennille
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Well good luck too you! I have 4 girls and I'm 15 weeks pregnant hoping god will bless me with a boy this time. lol

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Aw man! Sorry it didn't work out. GL getting your girl. 

Quoting Jaide2883:

I tried all that, timing my ovulation, having sex 2 days before ovulation and not having sex on the day on or after ovulation. No luck. I tried timing it w the Chinese birth calendar, no luck. Tried missionary (not as deep penetration, further to travel female sperm live longer) no luck.

Quoting Pnukey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)