Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"When They Grow Up I Hope They Will Be....."

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:11 PM
  • 41 Replies

Remember when we were little kids and we would tell people what we wanted to be when we grow up?  I remember I wanted to be a doctor, an architect and many other business titles.
As moms and as parents, we hope that our kids will have decent future.

My ? for you is: What do you hope your kids will be or do, once they are grown?

I hope my daughter will be a successful woman and not have to worry about financially struggling or depend on men or other people, once she's grown.

Like to hear your thoughts.

by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dolphins-4
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:15 PM
For my daughter, I would love for her to be a lawyer because she can make the silliest things make perfect since.

For my son, I would like for him to become a criminal investagator, because he loves to watch movies like The Fugtitive because he likes to solve crimes or figure them out.

As for me, LOL, I want to be a Juvenile Probation Officer, because I want to help children not go into the adult system.  That is what I am in college for right now.
chinatxmom
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:24 PM
For my daughter I would like her to stand on her own to feet and be able to make it on her own and not think she has to depend on a man to take care of her. And for my son I just hope he will be the kind of man that will work and take care of his family.This is just coming from personal experience.
chrissmomi05
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:27 PM
I really hope my daughter is financially stable and be whatever she wants to be! Hopefully that doesn't mean anything bad! :) I hope shes a good mommy too, but when shes ready to be. Hopefully she will be able to go to school (if she wants) since I wasn't able to go.
preggoagain3
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:31 PM
I hope both my kids when they grow up are financially stable so they don't have to depend on men or women.Or us{their parents}LOL!
dewest270
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:40 PM
I just want my son to be a kind, caring, intelligent man.  The career he chooses is of no importance to me.
icturner
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:40 PM
Since my son is autistic I've had to change what I used to wish for him, but I do still wish that he will be happy and able to live on his own. Hopefully his love of computers will come in handy also.
Dana32
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:42 PM
I hope that my son does whatever he wants, but I hope that he is able to live a nice lifestyle and not have to struggle. And I feel as a mother of a son, I have a HUGE responsibilty to make sure he is a good man, and one day he will make a good husband/father. 
ChristinaR
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:50 PM
i hope my daughter becomes a actress or singer, she is such a drama queen, so she has a headstart, and looves to sing, so you never know, also i hope she would become a dr

for my son, i am sure he will be following his dads footsteps in computer, who knows, next bill gates, lol  but really i hope he becomes a Dr or lawyer
MaMaCathy
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:50 PM
Hi, I was thinking, and really, when my children grow up, (two already are, one on her own and one just starting) I hope they are content.  Good to other people, kind, loving.  Of course I would like for them not to have financial problems, but in the long run, I hope they are happy, no matter what their financial status.  Money does make many things easier, yet it can't fix many things.  And as far as professions, it doesn't matter, just what they feel they are meant to be.
natesmom500
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:59 PM
For my nine year old who is always into everything and everyones buisness. I see him as a reporter he loves to talk and you can't shut him up! I honestly want both of my kids to do what they enjoy and be happy with what they do Thats all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)