Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

LOST! PLEASE HELP ME

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello everyone, I am 21 yrs old and have 2 lovely boys.. I was currently doing my bachelors in early childhood but I a changed of heart and wasn't passionate about it anymore, so now I do not know what to do next? It is so hard to look for a job and i dont have any qualification as well.. I really dont know what to do with my life right now. On top of that my family kept asking me what do I want or what do I want to do with my life and for my children's future!

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
marinesgirl714
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Well it seems like you have some choices to make. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind on a carreer because it will be something you spend the time in school for and then have to go to work for everyday! Good luck hun and i really hope that you can find something that you enjoy doing. Until then enjoy being with those babies time goes by so fast!

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I paid my way through college waitressing and bartending and you dont really need qualifications for that.  I work nights at my local police department, which provides great benefits, medical, dental, life, retirement, etc. and basically only requires a high school diploma though you obviously need a clean records to work at a police department.

hugss
by Emerald Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I like the idea of some part time work perhaps at a restaurant until you know what you want to do,
Good luck hon :)

honeygram4
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Talk to your school about if they have an apptitude test or some way to help you evaluate careers so you maybe can choose another major or narrow it down. My 21 year old does not have any kids but does not know what she wants to do for her career either... good luck!!

mimismiles
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I agree! Changing majors isn't the end of the world and I recommend that you don't quit school altogether, just find something that suits you. There are many majors you can pursue. What helped me when I was around your age was to write down a list of what my motivations are. Making Money, helping people, travel, ... things like that.

If you don't want to do early childhood development, maybe you should analyze why you don't want to do it anymore.

Good luck!

melagranmom
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
It's better to change your major now than to be unhappy with it later. What are you passionate about?

Your children I'm sure come first and are your priority. If you want to work from home for extra income or just save money and have a safer home for your children, get in touch with me.
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a great idea. And there is also nothing wrong with having an undecided major for a while.

Quoting honeygram4:

Talk to your school about if they have an apptitude test or some way to help you evaluate careers so you maybe can choose another major or narrow it down. My 21 year old does not have any kids but does not know what she wants to do for her career either... good luck!!

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Would you consider going back to school and taking another subject? Even if it is only long enough to get your thoughts back on track for something you want to do. And tell your family to back off and give you room to think. Tell them that their pressure is not helping the situation and to give you space.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Changing your major isn't a big deal. What else do you like? Go for a main degree then decide later. Take some career testing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)