Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need advice on a car!!! With Pics

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Which car!

Options:

Dodge Nitro

Totota Highlander

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

My boyfriend and I are looking to buy a new car soon so I have one for work and school. We are looking at a Dodge Nitro and a Toyota Highlander. I want the Dodge but he likes the Highlander better. Any advice on either car and what you guys would go with. Just some specs the dodge is larger and has more room for the kids but the toyota (my boyfriend says) is more mechanically sound but a smaller car ans costs more and with three kiddos i really need a larger vehicle! Any ideas!

This is the Dodge Nitro

This is the Toyota Highlander

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marinesgirl714
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Bump

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I vote the Highlander!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamamanic
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Aren't they both 5 seaters? You need to consider if you are planning on keeping it for a lifetime also. The Toyotas hold value better. I love my Dodge car and it has lasted me without any major repairs until recently when it started going over 100K and my belt broke. If you are keeping the vehicle for the long haul, the Toyota will cost you way more to repair later on. Are they both V6, gas consumption is another big one for me. 

marinesgirl714
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM

The toyota gets better has millage but i will be intown a lot and not really driving a lot so the gas should be fine. They both seat 5 but the dodge has more room in the back seat which is good with three car seats lol. I love the dodge but my BF says they have lots of problems. I dont see it because a lot of my family owns them and they have had no issues. IDK lol Im torn

Quoting Mamamanic:

Aren't they both 5 seaters? You need to consider if you are planning on keeping it for a lifetime also. The Toyotas hold value better. I love my Dodge car and it has lasted me without any major repairs until recently when it started going over 100K and my belt broke. If you are keeping the vehicle for the long haul, the Toyota will cost you way more to repair later on. Are they both V6, gas consumption is another big one for me. 

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I love the look of the nitro but toyota is tried & true! Toyota will last forver & ever & resale price is phenomenal! Looking for a used car last yr & couldn't find a newer model in my price range because their resale value is so high.
marinesgirl714
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM

See I liked it but when I got into it to drive it it just didnt feel right. Not only that but I felt like my grandma driving it lol. I know that shouldnt make a difference but im only 24 and dont want t o feel older than  I am lol

Quoting beadingmom17:

I vote the Highlander!

marinesgirl714
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Thats what my BF pointed out lol

Quoting sunpeaches1:

I love the look of the nitro but toyota is tried & true! Toyota will last forver & ever & resale price is phenomenal! Looking for a used car last yr & couldn't find a newer model in my price range because their resale value is so high.

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Its true...toyotas last a lifetime & more.
I ended up w a jetta (which I love dont get me wrong) because I couldn't find a newer model Toyota in my price range...
For what I could afford, best I found was a 10 yr old 4runner w 180k miles.... & it still ran like a dream!!

Quoting marinesgirl714:

Thats what my BF pointed out lol

Quoting sunpeaches1:

got3boyz
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I'm not a fan of Dodge.  Toyota is the way to go!

lesalmi
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Toyotas last forflippenever. I just bought a dodge (avenger) myself tho
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)