Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

needed a group like this after ectopic pregnancy/Fallopian tube removal

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM
  • 15 Replies
I'm new here and I'll share my story... In may I had just realized "wow I'm a bit late on my period" we weren't exactly trying, but I was excited at the idea of being pregnant again ( my son was born in June of 2012) so I take the test sure enough I am, I call the next day and they tell me to come in Thursday of next week, this was in a Friday. So the next day I'm getting my son ready for bed and something doesn't feel rite. I feel like I'm having a horrible stomach ache. My pain tolerance is all too high, I'm stubborn and ask my fiancé to put joey to bed I go lay down. I started throwing up. I couldn't even move. I had the worst pain going on like paralyzing my whole body.. So a few hours go by when I realize I can't even sit up without blacking out my fiancé calls the ambulance. All after that I don't remember... Turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy and it ruptured, I had lost 4 liters of blood by the time I got to the hospital and had 3 seizures, they couldn't even get my blood pressure readings. My fiancé said I was just yellow/green by then. . They had to do emergency surgery and remove my left Fallopian tube which I now feel so emotionally depressed about... But 4 blood transfusions and plasma later here I am :) the doctor said if I waited another 30 mins I'd be gone. I can't stress enough how scary that all was.. You always hear about it. But never thought it'd happen to you. So now that I have successfully had 2 cycles. We're trying for number two
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Hugs to you.  That had to be scary.   I somehow got a near fatal blood infection that a home nurse caught otherwise I could have died.  I needed surgery to fix it as well.  The head of department could not figure out how this happened to me but i have my suspicions since i needed 2 bags of transfusion after giving birth to boost my iron levels.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

OH my goodness. I got chills reading that. I am just amazed at how high your pain tolerance must be. I am so happy that you are okay. I cannot imagine how terrified you and your family must have been.

Good luck in your trying to conceive journey!

Click here for the Trying to Conceive group...

myangels2
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I had an ectopic years ago. It didn't rupture, but my left tube had to be cut.

I had three babies after...two with the help of Clomid and one bonus baby 7 years after my second.

*throws baby dust at you...good luck. :)
Freckles4u
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!! I had an ectopic. My tube didn't rupture but I was devastated. And I couldn't show it due to my mil making it all about her and refusing to get off the couch. I eventually had a melt down and my husband had to call my grandfather to get me to calm down. As soon as the doctor gave us the ok to try again it happened first try.
sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Bump! Late june I turned up pregnant. We werent preventing but not avidly ttc. I was happy but have had 1 ectopic (treated w methotrexate) & 2 fetal demise resulting in d&c in the past so I was cautious. Sure enough they didn't find it in uterus but said I was too early & it was presenting as blighted ovum. I would miscarry. I was expressed time & time again that it needed to be triple sure it was not ectopic as I was getting ready to move out of state, driving myself & my boys 1/2way across the country within a week or 2. I was reassured time after time it was not tubal. I started bleeding, lasted only 3 days w minimal cramps. I accepted that I had miscarried. Fast forward almost 2 mos later I started bleeding again but believe it was af finally returned. However I began sudden sharp stabbing pains in low abdomen, mainly on left. I've got a pretty high threshold for pain & thought it would go away on its own. I by day 6 of not being abletp get up & about thanks to the pains, I went to urgent care. I had a 12-13 wks ectopic embryo embedded in my left tube & was rupturing. (it was approx 6cm & they didn't know how I hadn't ruptured weeks ago). I was in surgery within the hour for laproscopic salpingotomy. My entire left tube had to be removed.... I'm waiting nervously for my 2wk follow up w doc on Friday scared she is about to tell me that was my final pregnancy & i'll no longer be able to conceive. ...
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Oh wow that had to be so scary! I am glad you are ok. Good luck with TTC.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one tube that ruptured. 5 1/2 hours of surgery. It was terrible. I've had 4 kids since then. Never affected my fertility at all.
sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I have questions concerning my remaining tube that makes me question whether or not I'm still fertile...

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I had one tube that ruptured. 5 1/2 hours of surgery. It was terrible. I've had 4 kids since then. Never affected my fertility at all.

NDADanceMom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Your doctor should have examined it during surgery if you were operated on. As long as there is no scarring it shouldn't be an issue. I had a tubal 20 years ago and have not repeated one since.
Both ovaries will still function and your one tube can catch eggs from both ovaries.

Quoting sunpeaches1:

I have questions concerning my remaining tube that makes me question whether or not I'm still fertile...

Quoting NDADanceMom:

sunpeaches1
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Yes, I just haven't had a sit down w doc yet. My concern is that w both ectopics I was shown to have ovulated on right (known due to luteal cyst on right ovary) yet the left tube picked up the egg. I know that it happens all then time in cases with only 1 tube but don't know if its normal to happen w 2 tubes in tact or if my right has blockage hence the reason left picked it up. .. driving myself crazy w this question! My follow up can't come fast enough!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)