Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
My name is Shanette.  I have 2 girls Kaitlyn and Amber.  I have been married for 6 1/2 yrs.  I live in Denton, Tx and have lived in Texas nearly my whole life.  I am a SAHM and love my sweet daughters and husband very much, but I sometimes get bored with the whole rut of cleaning house and making food.  My 4 year old is running my down with her tantrums, and my 6mth old is keeping me busy.   I need ideas to get out of the house and due for free, feel free to share. 
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dewest270
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:46 PM
Hi Shanette, I'm Debbie.  I'm a new mom.  I have a son, Connor, who is 11 weeks old.  I've been married for 3 1/2 years and am now a SAHM.  I get bored too with the same everyday routines.
Robin
by Head Admin on May. 7, 2007 at 9:27 PM
Hi,

Nice to meet you! 

Please feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here. 

For tips on getting started, check out the
Getting Started and Making Friends at CafeMom post here.

If you like to chat, stop by our group
Chatterbox to see if anyone if chatting or ask someone to meet you there.

I recommend also visiting some of the other groups here to meet Moms with similar interests.  You can search for groups by topic or browse through the 'active' groups.

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin
SVSASHER
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:32 PM
HI SHANETTE, MY NAME IS VICKIE. I AM A SAHM ALSO DUE TO HEALTH PROBLEMS & I GET BORED ALSO SO FEEL FREE TO TALK TO ME ANYTIME.
de-stressme
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:37 PM
Have you tried the website 'Moms' Meetup'?  There are usually mom's groups in all areas that meet with and without their children and do all kinds of activities.  Mine are grown but, I have done some shows for some of the groups and they're wonderful groups of moms.
cupcake522
by on May. 7, 2007 at 9:44 PM
I am a SAHM too and when I get that Ihave to get out of the house attack i wil go walk around a pound or park or just window shop at the mall.
avonandie
by on May. 8, 2007 at 6:58 AM
Hi Shanette, K'm Andie. I'm a sahm too from Staten Island, NY. Thankfully my 4 year old boy will be stargting pre-k in the fall. I'm married almost 15 years. I don't know what I'll do with myself when he starts school. He may be going for the full day. Anyway, feel free to invite me as a friend and we can chat.
sweetmelisdym
by on May. 8, 2007 at 8:10 AM
Hello!  I am also a sahm and go thru the same things.  My son will be four next month and I feel like the terrible twos were easier.  The best advice I can offer is to get to a playground.  At least there you will have other people to talk to so you can feel human again.  Good luck!
mstabatham
by on May. 8, 2007 at 8:17 AM
Hi and WELOCOME! I'm Tabatha, sahm too! My daughters are 3 yrs and 7 months. My hubby and I have been together 5 years. I know how you feel about sitting home, there is only so much cleaning you can do and when it's done it's done! What do you do with the rest of your day? I babysit 2 other kids for a little spending money, also keeps me busy! I hope you like this site!
Orchidchild
by on May. 8, 2007 at 10:50 AM
Hi Shanette. My name is Kare and I am a SAHM with two girls. One is 4 and the other is 2 1/2 whose making me nuts..LOL. Well, It is hard but I tried everything. I guess just remember to be in control specially with 3 and 4's and yeah also two's because they always want their way. Never give in. If you say something like, NO you cannot have it or Not til you clean your mess or eat your dinner...some sort..My girls always pull the sweety cute face on me...but it doesn't work anymore..Us moms should remember that the disciplining our kids will make them better and its for their own good. So don't feel bad ..I did before til they get into me...so I made up rules and they are strickly to be followed always.You might get the wrong impression about me ...I love my kids and like I said what they learn now or teach now when their young will show what type of kids you brought up someday.Well, I have to go for now and make some more cleaning and washing...Take care!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)