Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's so irritating. Needed to vent to someone!

Posted by   + Show Post

I run a small in home daycare. This one parent just gets to me sometimes, especially today for some reason. Her almost three year old comes to me full time 5 days a week. Mom works 4 days through the week and every other weekend. Child goes with dad on the weekends mom has off and child stays with older siblings when mom works on the opposite weekends. Child is always here on the one day during the week she has off. I don't know her story and try my hardest not to judge... but really? You see your child from 5:30pm until bedtime and that's it! I would want to spend every day I had off with my kiddos!

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
Liudmyla
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM

so she has one day off and you care, maybe she has Dr appointments, shopping for the week and full house cleaning that day, who knows, or maybe her DH told her to lose weight and get sexy or he drops her, so she uses that time for that, you never know till you walk in her shoes, just saying.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I want to answer this from another provider's point of view. We care because we love the children in our care, we think they should get quality time with their parents. When a child is at daycare ALL THE TIME you can tell. They seem to behave differently than the children that are there just a few hours during the day. I've never understood it. If it not at work, my child isn't at daycare. unless I have an appointment that he cannot go to.

Quoting Liudmyla:

Why do you care? You get paid for the kid right?

imandia4
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Werd. Being a single mom is so hard. She is probably taking the day to get grocery shopping and other errands done.

Quoting KikiKia:

She is a single Mom and she might want some "me" time. 

I have my kids go to daycare on my days off usually just so I can catch up on some chores but I pick them up early, I dont leave them there all day.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
You're right, I don't know. I'll just never understand. My time off is my time with my kid.

Quoting Liudmyla:

so she has one day off and you care, maybe she has Dr appointments, shopping for the week and full house cleaning that day, who knows, or maybe her DH told her to lose weight and get sexy or he drops her, so she uses that time for that, you never know till you walk in her shoes, just saying.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I want to answer this from another provider's point of view. We care because we love the children in our care, we think they should get quality time with their parents. When a child is at daycare ALL THE TIME you can tell. They seem to behave differently than the children that are there just a few hours during the day. I've never understood it. If it not at work, my child isn't at daycare. unless I have an appointment that he cannot go to.

Quoting Liudmyla:

Why do you care? You get paid for the kid right?

SerenityRose
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
To make things worse she finally shows up almost an hour and a half after I close. Only because she lost track of time!

I completely understand wanting to run a few errands etc on your day off and am not opposed to him coming on those days at all! As a mother I just do not understand needing so much time for yourself and having a few hours a day saved for your child.
BrettsMommy927
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Im with you! My sister is the same way and it bothers me to the ends of the earth. She draws SSI and is home with her kids all the time, all summer she griped and complained and griped and complained and finally said "I wish they could go to school all day every day all year" Yes, I smacked her.

Whats the point in having a kid if you  don't want them around, I hate the fact that i have to bust my arse for peanuts, and be away from my son. Then again, hes homeschooled so we get our one on one time.

Quoting Buggy979:

I have never understood parents who do that. If you don't want to spend time with your kids you shouldn't have had them. .

happytiredmom33
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for caring!  I am a mom and a middle school teacher. I think without caring people like you kids like this would be lost. Kids need their moms and dads to spent time with them and be a valued part of thie life.  Little ones need it more than a few hours in the evening (especially when they are the most worn out) . I wish their was something I could say to help as I know this child is probably present in your thoughts often. 

Johlsh
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Maybe she likes the free time or doesnt value every second with her child like most parents.
I have a friend who has a 7 month old and she asks anyone and everyone to babysit him for weeks at a time so she can go out and party, she went camping for three weeks while her neighbor watched him. As soon as he was born she had her mil care for him in a different state for the first 3 months. She pisses me off and i dont understand it.
SissyAnn141
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Quoting Buggy979:

I have never understood parents who do that. If you don't want to spend time with your kids you shouldn't have had them. .

I agree....

I do understand things happen in a relationship.

I would FIGHT, to be home with my child.

Booky502
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM

You are being paid to take care of that little child, whatever his personal situation is, until you choose to "fire" his mom. You are expected to report to authorities any abuse that you know is happening to that little child. Your irritation with his mother is clearly distracting you from the proper care of the other children to whom you owe an equal share of attention and concern, as you are paid to take care of them as well, and apparently because their parents' choices meet your standards. Which makes your attitude questionable, as well. If your head is all abuzz about his seemingly neglectful mother, you're devoting too much time judging her, and you should probably take a deep breath and politely cut her and her child loose, in a considerate way that does not reveal your problem with how she raises her child. I would also, if I were you, give her a couple of weeks' time to find another caregiver, just to be nice, and because you supposedly care so deeply for her child. If you are discussing this situation with other parents who are your customers, stop doing so, as eventually every adult you work for will wonder if you are complaining about them as well, and because they're going to wonder just how distracted away from their children you are. As I wonder.

rainmommy
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM

i use to send my odd to day care on my days off cause i needs the me time to sleep and clean house ask questions dont judge for all you know she could be working a 2nd job

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)