Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

It's so irritating. Needed to vent to someone!

Posted by   + Show Post

I run a small in home daycare. This one parent just gets to me sometimes, especially today for some reason. Her almost three year old comes to me full time 5 days a week. Mom works 4 days through the week and every other weekend. Child goes with dad on the weekends mom has off and child stays with older siblings when mom works on the opposite weekends. Child is always here on the one day during the week she has off. I don't know her story and try my hardest not to judge... but really? You see your child from 5:30pm until bedtime and that's it! I would want to spend every day I had off with my kiddos!

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
poppys_mommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:40 AM

I agree that I'd find this shocking and frustrating also if I were you.  I think some people have brought up good reasons which might be true for her.  On that 5th day each week, she knows that her son is with someone who cares about him (you) so that's a pretty good situation.  Her priorities aren't mine, but she found good people to care for her kid so that's something.  :)

1L2CMommy
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Do you charge her for the fifth day?
Imjustinsmommy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM

circumstances can change AFTER becoming a mom ya know? just saying. i have my own circumstances & although im a sahm and im with my kids.. my story is different but I get people that judge me or would sometimes &   the things they judge me for   came abotu after kids.. we dont know this mom or whats going on. its really unfare to assume she is looking for me time or doenst care.. who knows? what if she has a medical issue? what if she;s depressed & cant handle it? she might be doing the best she can & maybe things have changed since having kids. not all mos are super moms. but  at least she is making sure they are being cared for.

Quoting marinesgirl714:

i completely agree and the errand thing is crap! I tote my 4, 2 and 3 month old to the store with me and everywhere else! I never have "me" time but i am a mom and thats how it goes its not about "me" when you have kids it becomes all about them! If ya cant handle it dont be a mom!

Quoting SerenityRose:

To make things worse she finally shows up almost an hour and a half after I close. Only because she lost track of time!

I completely understand wanting to run a few errands etc on your day off and am not opposed to him coming on those days at all! As a mother I just do not understand needing so much time for yourself and having a few hours a day saved for your child.

susham
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:41 AM
She being a single mom,has to manage everything and may be she cant help it.No mom would want to leave the child in day care.
DieselsMom
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Maybe she uses that time to run errands, go grocery shopping...do banking, go to the doctor...who knows...you are paid to watch her kid.....Question though, would you give her a discount if she were to keep her child home that one day a week?

cox3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Everyone is different. Its nice for the kids to have a routine.
SerenityRose
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM
For all that think this is okay, you may be right. Maybe it's better for the child to be here and have a daily routine.

Mom spends these days off with her guy friends. And to answer the other question, no mom does not pay for care but that's a whole different topic.

I still won't change my opinion on the matter.... It's just sad. Mom works a total of 36 hours M-F (that includes travel time) and child is here 55-60 hours.

Like a few said I get paid to care for him so I will look past it and give him the time and attention he deserves!

Bizebeemomof3
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
When I was still working and I had days off my kids would still go to daycare most of the time. It gave me the chance to get things done without dragging them around with me. It also made it so the time I had with them on the weekends and after work won't filled with cleaning or running errands. I would also let my husband pick them up in the evenings so I had an hour to cook dinner and pick up whatever needed to be picked up around the house instead of picking them up when I got off of work. It made our evenings more conducive for family time.

Maybe she's using that time to get stuff done. I know if I didn't have a partner I would go crazy trying to fit everything in that needs to be done
AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

MHMMM!!! TOTALLY AGREE!!! I think some people dont take their children seriously, you only have 1 chance to do this and its gone, soon enough theyll be doing evthings for themself and not need you. You have to make time for them and show them love! <3

housewifehell
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I know I will get bashed for this but I feel any parent who spends so little time with their children should not have kids.  If you aren't going to raise them and you are going to pass them off on someone else to raise (which is what day care has seemed to trun into over the last few years)  then dont have them in the first place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN