Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So um where exactly am I suppose to take my kids while using a public restroom?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 42 Replies
2 moms liked this

This lady was tripping because when I went into the women's restroom at the mall I had both my kids with me in a double stroller, so I went into the handicap stall because there would be more room, I took both my kids in there with me while I did my business. The lady goes you shouldn't be going to the bathroom like that in front of your kids where are your manners? I said to her, um I'm here by myself where am I suppose to take my kids while I go to the bathroom? She looked at me like I was stupid, she was further tripping because I had my son in there with me. My daughter is 18 months and my son is 4 months, so um yeah like they really knew what was happening. Like I'm suppose to leave an 18 month old and 4 month old alone in the mall. Some people really irritate me.

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh lord, must be nice to have so much time on your hands to be that involved on other people's business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM
8 moms liked this

She is crazy- you don't ever get to go to the bathroom alone at home-why would the mall be any different??? lol

londamg
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

some people really need to learn to keep their mouths shut. don't worry about it i took my kids in with me when they were a lot older than that! and when they got to old to be in the stall with me i made them go in the bathroom and wait together by the stall. Id rather have then in their with me then leave them outside the bathroom with the chances of them being taken

bressmommy2012
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Exactly. Some ppl just don't get it.

Quoting londamg:

some people really need to learn to keep their mouths shut. don't worry about it i took my kids in with me when they were a lot older than that! and when they got to old to be in the stall with me i made them go in the bathroom and wait together by the stall. Id rather have then in their with me then leave them outside the bathroom with the chances of them being taken

susannah2000
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

What a loon! Though, everyone knows 4 month olds make the best shoppers, you should have sent him to the shops while you were in the bathroom!

Momofmenagerie
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Geez! She was paying too much attention to your bathroom habits herself! As for me... At home ? I have a three yr old and it's always "okay " for him to walk in on me ....at least I know where he is and help get him sitting on his own seat!

In public, alone... All mothers being their kids into the stall.

I think I would have looked at her funny and asked why she was listening to me pee and where were HER manners???
pregnantmama105
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I've never had this happend to me and if I have ds in his stroller I use the "handicapped" stall
bressmommy2012
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I just walked away and told her to leave me alone. Seriously what is wrong with what I did? An 18 month old and 4 month old in the stall while I was going to the bathroom, was I suppose to hold it longer? What I don't get is why was she listening to and paying attention to me going to the bathrrom in the first place? It's kind of creepy when I think of it because she was paying attention to me the whole time. 

And yep I use the handicap stall when I have my kids with me, I have them sitting in a double stroller while I'm going to the bathroom no one else has ever said anything to me abouit this.

Was it cuz I had my son (a boy) in the womens restroom? This lady was weird.

Liudmyla
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I take my 4 year old boy with me all the time and nobody ever said anything. She must be childless.

Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
That lady is crazy! I used to do it all the time when ds was in a stroller. Even now at age 5 I still bring him in with me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN