Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

baby talk

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

My little guy is 10 months and now has six words.  He's been slowly adding words for about a month now.  It just seems so early to me.  Neither of his two older brothers spoke discriminately until they were closer to a year old.  

His words:

"da da" Daddy

"ma ma" Mommy

"buh buh" Bottle

"ba ba" (said with a waving hand)  Bye-Bye

"bie" Five (said with his hand up to give you a high five)

"uh oh"  Uh Oh

When did your little one(s) start talking?   

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM

BUMP!

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I can not remember truthfully but she was found to have a speech delay in kindergarten.  It is good if he can communicate this early.  Just remember not to repeat the baby talk but use real words.

ragdoll13
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

My 16 mo has always been talkative. 

Bye, Night, mama, dada, more, cat, dog "dod", fish "fidge", No, yeah, milk "milm", uh oh, what

Besides mama, dada and asking for more milk, he really only uses his words when he's by himself or talking to the pets.  I think it's weird, but the ped says it's normal.   

DD was a chatterbox tho.  We taught her baby signs at 8mo, and by 11mo she had about a dozen real words  So with the baby signs and the real words she would just talk non stop

RADmomma
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM
My oldest was an early talker. My baby just turned 9 months & says a few words.
cox3
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:11 AM
All kids mature different. I have 3. 1st dd talked about 2, 2nd dd was talking at 13 months clearly. She was always the early one. She also walked at 9 months and never crawled. My 3rd, a ds didnt walk till almost 2 and didnt have much to say until about 3.5. He is still very delayed and diagnosed with asd.
vand6584
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Usually if there is other siblings speech develops faster too.  They want to be just like brother or sister!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)