Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Elementary school switch please help

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello i am new. Felt like this is a great way to relieve stress and also give and receive advice. My issue is this.My daughter was going to Her school since kinder In the immersion program she did great with pretty high test scores. School is rated 5 of 10. We decided to switch her. Well mostly my hubby to another school which is rated 9of 10 no immersion. I regret it. She had ok past few days. But i feel like learning a second language and finishing the program is very important. Can i please get your opinion on what you would do. Thank you. We have the option to switch her back but wanted to get some feedback from other mothers out there. Please help
Have a meeting with old school principal tomorrow. :)
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I think you need to do what you feel is best for you and your family. If the second language is important you could have her tutor one on one with someone, that way she is getting the best of both worlds. 

.ChiMama.
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM
If she just started I would give her some time to adjust. Chances are that this school is more advanced than the past one and she's still trying to get the hang of things. I understand your wanting her to learn a different language but is there a way you can maybe take her to classes outside of school? Or even try learning it as a family at home? I spoke to my dd in only Spanish for 4 years and now that she's older we have Spanish only time at home. She even tries to teach her little brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Let her adjust, starting something new is hard for kids. If you feel it isn't working put her back in the other school mid semester or next yr. I bet you could find out if there are spanish tutors in your area!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I agree with this. It takes some time to adjust to a new school but you should know more by mid-year whether or not it's really working out or if she should be switched again.

Quoting LancesMom:

Let her adjust, starting something new is hard for kids. If you feel it isn't working put her back in the other school mid semester or next yr. I bet you could find out if there are spanish tutors in your area!

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:10 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I agree with this as well :)

Quoting LancesMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)