Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

1st day of school today

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
It was my daughters 1st day. She is 5 yrs old. I was sad but she was happy. I was dyeing to pick her up from school. I was like 20 minutes early. When i seen her again it was so great i just felt this joy in my heart again. I know she needs her own space but i guess i just have to get use to it. She is my first baby and now she is growing up. But she had a great day at school and told me she learned so it made me happy. Tomorrow is a other day at school so good night
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Supermom134
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I went though the same experience with my daughter when she started kindergarten a about month ago except I was at my daughters school a half hour early instead of 20 minutes early on the first day. Also, my daughter was happy but nervous at the same time because she needs pull up diapers because she physically urinary incontinent.
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:56 AM
That is awesome that she loved it!
Injus
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:46 AM

I was the same way last year on my sons first day but here you're allowed to go with them the first week and stay outside the class room with the other moms or inside. I gave hiim space and watched and he was great which made me feel great. Now he is in first grade and loves school and I do not worry at all. 

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Holy cow! Both of my girls went back to school over a month ago! Y'all start late! 

It's great that she enjoyed it. They grow up so fast...I blinked and mine were in 2nd grade an K. It just doesn't seem possible that the little girl that came home from China 6.5 years ago and was barely walking is now in 2nd grade and will be 8 in a month.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)