Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twin baby shower ideas

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM
  • 12 Replies
I need unique ideas & games, it's a girl and a boy... It's for my youngest daughters cheer coach, I've been knowing her for years we're really good friends & she has 10 kids (no I'm no being dramatic )& she's never had a baby shower,Since these are her first set of twins me and my sisters are planning to throw her a shower,
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:40 AM

definitely do it co-ed, we did a sock pair race but you could do it separate such as mixing both distinct girl and boy socks and whoever sorts them the quickest wins (have a basket with one side of each sock mixed), a bottle chug race was also pretty fun

MixedCooke
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:40 AM

maybe a raffle for which one comes out first

3kidz123
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 2:44 AM

You could do traditional games like guess how big mommys belly is, smell and guess what's in the diaper, who can drink the baby bottle the fastest. lol

Stuff like that :)

susannah2000
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

She's got TEN kids, with TWINS on the way? She does know what causes this, I hope. Anyway, my suggestion is to have a book shower. I would imagine she has all the practical stuf already.  Each guest brings their favorite children's book, and the theme could feature The Cat in the Hat, with of course, Thing One and Thing Two! Refreshments could be foods mentioned in children's books. Green Eggs and ham, and "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," mentions coconut, and "In the Night Kitchen" has Mickey's"morning cake," " the Hungry Caterpillar mentions all the foods he ate, and so on. it would be fun to look for ideas. In my own opinion, I think it would be more personal and more fun to have guests make something for the babies, some sort of craft activity, rather than play the lame games. There are all kinds of ideas to make wall decorations, decorating practical baby items, making.quilts or other fabric item, etc. The kids would cherish such things. Just ideas.

ashley9603
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I have boy/boy twins,but did the baby bottle thing,baby bingo.I cannot imagine having 10 kids and then having 2 more..wow.I hope she has an easy pregnancy.

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM
At her and her husband are very financially comfortable, they own lots of property,& both have really great jobs,soo I mean if they can afford 10+2 kids then hey,

Quoting ashley9603:

I have boy/boy twins,but did the baby bottle thing,baby bingo.I cannot imagine having 10 kids and then having 2 more..wow.I hope she has an easy pregnancy.

ashley9603
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I would imagine they would need good careers to afford that many kids.Even if I had a huge income,there is just no way I could justify 10 plus kids lol....I give mad props to your friend though.She must be a very patient woman.I hope the baby shower goes well!

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

I need unique ideas & games, it's a girl and a boy... It's for my youngest daughters cheer coach, I've been knowing her for years we're really good friends & she has 10 kids (no I'm no being dramatic )& she's never had a baby shower,Since these are her first set of twins me and my sisters are planning to throw her a shower,

susannah2000
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

At her and her husband are very financially comfortable, they own lots of property,& both have really great jobs,soo I mean if they can afford 10+2 kids then hey,

Quoting ashley9603:

Well, if they have "really great jobs," then who is caring for all those children, and why would they have more and more children for someone else to take care of? I don't understand that.

LABELmeCUTE
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Wth are you talking about? Who said other people was taking care of their kids? & it's not like their kids are all 2/3/4 years apart,she has grown adult kids who already have families of their own,they can care for their own children,& they own lots of different business,if she goes to work don't you think her children goes to school? Of course they do! So I don't understand why you said who is taking care of their kids while their at work

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting LABELmeCUTE:

Quoting ashley9603:

Well, if they have "really great jobs," then who is caring for all those children, and why would they have more and more children for someone else to take care of? I don't understand that.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Pinterest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)