Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is the first trimester supposed to be awful?!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am 8 weeks and have horrible nausea and fatigue.  I feel like I'm at the beggining stages of catching a flu while on board a ship on very choppy waters.  Is this normal?  Its NOT FUN!

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Yes its normal Sorry
ermka
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup! But 2nd trimester is AWESOME!!
michelle.hays
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM

People talk about it all the time, but I really feel sick.  I guess my frist pregnancy (8 years ago) I didnt feel it, or maybe I just had more time to pamper myself.

Quoting michelle.hays:

I am 8 weeks and have horrible nausea and fatigue.  I feel like I'm at the beggining stages of catching a flu while on board a ship on very choppy waters.  Is this normal?  Its NOT FUN!

mamacam7
by Christina on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Very normal and in some cases can last longer than the first trimester. More often than not though the second trimester is the fun part and the third is when things get uncomfortable.

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Normal. Try keeping a snack - pretzels were my go-to - next to bed and muching a bit before you stand up. That'll help with the nausea, at least.
michelle.hays
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

but I have it all day through.  I cant even cook!  Its all so gross!!!

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Normal. Try keeping a snack - pretzels were my go-to - next to bed and muching a bit before you stand up. That'll help with the nausea, at least.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I had the fatigue, but I didn't know I was pregnant at the time.  I had signed up for a class at the community college and I had to drop it because I just couldn't get to the class.  All I wanted to do after work was go home and sleep.  I had the nausea too, but I kept it at bay with lemon sorbet and iced lemon water.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Yup completely "normal'" for this.  Sniff coffee grounds to help clear your nose of any offending scents.  That is what i have had to do back when i was pregnant or fighting nausea at any non pregnant time.

lookinginmylens
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Yup, welcome to hormones... sorry hun... hope you start feeling better soon... 

waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Well for me the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd were all terrible with all 4 pregnancies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)