Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OK.. This is hard for me so be nice.. I'm a severe Agoraphobic with Panic disorder : Ask away if you'd like** (EDIT)

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • 275 Replies
2 moms liked this

hi, Im usually really private about this  & im unsure how many will know what it is or all about it. some get judgemental..  but I figure  a few might have it too or some might know  someone who does & I'd like to help  people undertsand what it is & what its like.. 

ask away.

oh as if it wasn't enough.. I have emetophobia too =/ LOL

**EDIT>> I am SO surpirsed & thankful for  ALL of the very kind & compassionate replies so many replies and not ONE  bash. I was VERY anxious to post this but  felt it might help others come forward ( which many did) and help others understand which they are..

I didn't expect this many replies & right now I have 2 active boys running my house..  but I will finish replying to ever  reply bc they do mean so much to me. this is a very  personal topic  for me & I appreciate  all the replies.. I will  write back all of you as well as the pvt msgs i have gotten from many who sadly  have this too but dont want to post in here understandably  < spelled that wrong I think =?

anyway, thanks & will be on tonight. 

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshleyLynnW
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:03 AM
No judgment here! I have this too, without the emetophobia. Been dealing with the panic attacks since high school.
Imjustinsmommy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:05 AM

im so sorry you haev it too =( 

Quoting AshleyLynnW:

No judgment here! I have this too, without the emetophobia. Been dealing with the panic attacks since high school.

bonitalilmama
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:07 AM

A lot of people are claustrophobic, that's what the agoraphobic basically is right? But I never knew someone could be emetophobic, but I guess anyone can be afraid of anything 

Imjustinsmommy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

no, claustrphobic is  different. its a phobia or irrational fear in small places .   they get it  in elevators, or tight places  some cant even go into tanning beds.  yes, emetophoboia is actually more common than you think &  there is a phobia  for anything yes lol

Quoting bonitalilmama:

A lot of people are claustrophobic, that's what the agoraphobic basically is right? But I never knew someone could be emetophobic, but I guess anyone can be afraid of anything 

bonitalilmama
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Sorry I got the definitions mixed up at the beginning

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

no, claustrphobic is  different. its a phobia or irrational fear in small places .   they get it  in elevators, or tight places  some cant even go into tanning beds.  yes, emetophoboia is actually more common than you think &  there is a phobia  for anything yes lol

Quoting bonitalilmama:

Imjustinsmommy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM

bump! =D

BoxxyBabee
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you diagnosed or self-diagnosed?

hburnette3
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM

so what do you when your kids get sick?

Imjustinsmommy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I was/am diagnosed many times by several dr's but im pretty text book agoraphobic  so id be able to know anyway even if they didnt say so.

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Are you diagnosed or self-diagnosed?

Imjustinsmommy
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I assume this is abotu the emtophobia? when they throw up?

I panic,   I get VERY anxious if dh is there he handles most of it /c he knows & he doenst mind. if im alone I have to handle it its hard but my kids are young so  they   need  me to help & clean.. thankfully its not often

Quoting hburnette3:

so what do you when your kids get sick?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)