Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where were you on September 11, 2001? (Pictures)

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM
  • 284 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I was right across the river from the Twin Towers in Hoboken when I heard that the North Tower had been hit by a plane. I ran out to the pier with my newborn baby and watched as the tower burned. As I watched and thought about all of the people inside, I saw the 2nd plane crash into the South Tower. I couldn't believe that anyone would crash a plane into a bldg on purpose. I was terrified and didn't know what would happen next

This is a picture that I took last week of the Empty Sky memorial in Jersey City - right across the river from where the Twin Towers once stood.

You can see some of the steel girders from the buildings that fell in the front and the new Freedom Tower rising up in the back in the spot of the World Trade Center.

I'll never forget that awful day.:(

Here's a link to a post I made here a few years ago with pictures of what I saw that day:   September 11, 2001 - Graphic Pictures (Sad)

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

littlemonaghan
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM
At home from school sick, waiting for my father to take be to the doctors.
Had I not been sick he would have been in the city that day.
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

jteffs
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:28 AM

I was in the 8th grade, and I heard about it passing from my science class to my social studies class. For once, we walked to the next class in a straight line, and the kids we passed had had the television on in their room. When we got to Social Studies, the tv was already on and we began to watch. There were announcements all day, but since we're in Connecticut, we weren't locked down or anything. 

When I got home, I'll never forget, my mom was vacuuming and the house was spotless, and the tv was on. It was an unusual sight at my house.

breanna0818
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM
I was getting ready for school when my mom started yelling at the TV that's when we saw the tower get hit my mom thought it was a joke and sent us yo school well later on that day she decided to get my brother and sisters out of school but left me there that was a scary day I also remember watching the news in history class the whole day
.ChiMama.
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:31 AM
I was in high school. I didn't find out until I walked into homeroom. My teacher a war vet was fuming and had the tv on. I remember smiling and asking 'why are we watching a movie?' The rest of the day was spent in shock and fear of what was to come. I live in Chicago and it was rumored that it was also a target. We were let out of school early as well. It was also my dh's bday. He says he was in school all happy telling people about his bday and then this happened. He doesn't really like to tell people his birthday now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

CallxMexMama
by Lisa on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM
I was in my senior English class.
SarahlovesLiz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM
In freshman wellness class in high school. We thought it was a joke, but we watched TV all day in every class. Leave it to the English teacher, though, to have us write a paper of our feelings. It was a very somber day.
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Thank goodness you were sick!
My husband was working in the city that day and it took him so long to get home! They closed all of the bridges, tunnels, ferries and trains so no one could get in or out of Manhattan. After a while they re-opened the ferries and my husband waited on line for 7hours to finally board and come home.

His friend wasn't so lucky. That morning, he said goodbye to his wife and daughters and headed to work on the 104th floor of the North Tower. He never came home.

Quoting littlemonaghan:At home from school sick, waiting for my father to take be to the doctors.
Had I not been sick he would have been in the city that day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN