Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What are you proudest of in your life?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 26 Replies

Taking stock this week, I realized that the thing I'm proudest of in my life is that I'm raising great kids. Every time they go anywhere to stay the night, or I meet up with their teachers or something, I'm told how smart, sweet, polite, and well behaved they are. It helps me to hear these compliments because I feel like I'm screwing it all up, lol, but if they're that good, then I must be doing something right.

What are you proudest of in your life?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
otoole
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM

same as you. as a single mom. i am always scared i am making a mess with their lifes but then people tell me what great kids they are and i feel so proud, proud of them and proud of me for doing it on my own

KikiKia
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Proud of in my life?

I am very proud that I finished my degree, that I now can run 3 miles nonstop and I am proud I have lost nearly 35lbs (5 more to goal!!) 

These are important feats for me especially since I am a self proclamed lazy bum couch potato.  So as cliche as it sounds "If you believe it you can achieve it!"

My kids are great I will always be proud of them no matter what they do and I tell them often.  Being proud of one's children is simply part of being a Mom.  Thats easy and takes little effort (unless you have hellions!)  devil 

avonleafan
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I am proud of my kids and of making my marriage work when so many fail. I am proudest that we helped my son deal with his ADHD through homeschooling him through kindergarten. last year was probably the longest year of my life and there were lots of arguments and tears, but he is now reading at a second grade level and is not so dependent upon his medication anymore. so proud of how much he has worked to get to this point.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Me hubby kids n our marriage.
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM
As a single mom I'm proud of my daughter. I'm proud of the fact that 4 years and 2 months (on the 14) that God gave me the strength and courage to start over and get out of an abusive marriage. I hope one day my daughter will look back and say my mom left me a legacy of Faith,strength, and courage to get out and not look back. I was happy and thrilled with my daughter when her principal told me that she was a great kid.
PrimmednPunked
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM

That i am raising a happy little girl and going to college full time (and excelling since I just was awarded the Deans Merit Scholarship) when everyone else told me it was impossible.  

Freckles4u
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM
My son and my ability to be his mother.
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM

There are so many things I am proud of. I think the thing I am proudest about is that I have a great outcome from a crappy childhood and I did not turn out to be like my mother.

mistressflora
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM

being the first in my family to actually get married. 

jmp1279
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:40 PM

my 2 kids, and my hubby for working as hard as he does to provide for us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN