Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you let your children play with toy weapons?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
  • 182 Replies
1 mom liked this

Guns, swords, etc?

Do you let your children play with them?  Why or why not?

by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccalynn1983
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah my dd loves to play zombies so she has her guns !! Why because it's fun i play too!!

VIVXI
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Yep she loves water guns! She even makes the 'pew pew pew' noises!

ziggymomof3
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Why? Why not? My kids know the difference between toy and real. We have fun with them, especially out nerf guns wars.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:17 PM

my son loves his toy sword that came with the jake costume last year. and he loves his water guns. we have water gun fights during the summer. its great fun for the whole family :)

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this

my ds got some umm.. guns that you shoot and it sticks to the walls. (whatever its called) I had to ask who got a new toy, my son or my hubby. lmao

Quoting ziggymomof3:

Yes. Why? Why not? My kids know the difference between toy and real. We have fun with them, especially out nerf guns wars.

NekoTrista
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
9 moms liked this

I let my kids play with toy weapons. It depends on the game.

We play with light strike(laser guns), water guns, foam swords, foam axes, and foam bats, toys bow and arrows, and staffs/bo.

We play defend the house from zombies...This is so funny I'll have to post a video of this later. I end up being zombie food because I can't help but to laugh..yeah laugh so hard i fall to the ground.

We play knights of the round table.

We play army.

We play lord of the rings.

We play DC superheroes and villains.

We play Power Rangers too.

I believe its important to let them pretend and play. This gives my children a chance to play but also think on their to solve the issue at hand.

They have figured out some wonderfully amazing ways to slay a dragon, to slay orcs, they have found ways to save a kingdom's water supplied that was dammed up. They save the world before bedtime every day a new adventure.

SweetPea2004
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes but she also has the real thing

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, its just play, my son doesn't have a violent bone in his body, he still likes playing with toy guns and swords because he knows they wont actually hurt someone. Cops and robbers is just another way of playing tag and letting him pretend he is something he doesn't normally get to experiance.

BMM0508
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Yes.
Momofmenagerie
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Nerf guns , yes. They are brightly colored and fun for all I don't but cap guns because my youngest wouldn't " get it" but he loves his older brother's " collection " of nerf guns and sword.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)