Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

am i shallow?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
okay so my best friend's brother has been basically in love with me for over 10 years.. he is a really nice guy... amazing personality he has two kids of his own and is amazing with my kids.. he really wants to pursue a relationship with me.... but there is one problem that I am hung up on. I am NOT a shallow person by no means.. but I cannot get over the fact that he has messed up teeth.. I'm not talking like a crooked teeth. I'm talking I messed up teeth.. I know it sounds shallow.. he is good looking if he keeps his mouth shut... he is not a dirty person he don't stink anything like that... his teeth are messed up from doing drugs... he has been clean for 12 years now.. but my mom keeps telling me that if you like the guy and he is great give him a chance and stop being shallow... so here is my question.. would you date a guy that has messed up teeth or am I being shallow?
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Everyone is shallow in their own way.

I would never enter into a Relationship with someone who had bad teeth. The thought of having my tongue in their mouth with nasty teeth would make me puke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlebugs2113
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
i agree with the person above. but, my brother had the same teeth issues for the same reason and he got em fixed when his new girfriend (wife now, years later( told him that it bothered her.
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Messed up as in what? Not bashing just curious. My hub has crooked front teeth where they kinda stick out a lil. I don't think they are bad but he wants braces but thinks he's to old haha. When he smiles his teeth don't look too bad at all it's just when he talks is when you sorta notice. Unless its just me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILOVEMYKIDS08
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Messed up as in discolored...

Quoting WillVon:

Messed up as in what? Not bashing just curious. My hub has crooked front teeth where they kinda stick out a lil. I don't think they are bad but he wants braces but thinks he's to old haha. When he smiles his teeth don't look too bad at all it's just when he talks is when you sorta notice. Unless its just me :)

Aivlys_
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I don't think you are being shallow, teeth are one the first things one sees when speaking to  someone! if you can get past that you can encourage him into getting his teeth fixed!

ZombieChicken
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Teeth can be fixed.
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I would. Everyone has their faults, no ones perfect, so I would never turn down a nice guy over something physical. 

camocountrymom
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM
This. I don't have the best teeth but my so loves me for me.

Quoting ZombieChicken:

Teeth can be fixed.

WillVon
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Ah ok, then I'm right with ya haha

Quoting ILOVEMYKIDS08:

Messed up as in discolored...

Quoting WillVon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeckBeck1004
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM

No not the teeth!!! It's not a joke but the teeth thing can be a turn off if the grill is lookin a mess. Do you like him like that tho? Could you see yourself with him...in a relationship? If you can....I guess move slow. No need to get to mackin and smackin gums. Let that love build up and I bet you'll eventually get over that. Shoot, you might inspire him to try to fix em. If you got love for the guys but can't really picture a serious relationship with him, then it is what it is. Some said we are all shallow in one way or another but it can stop us for exploring better things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)